Empire of Bones (Ashtown Burials #3) by N.…

Empire of Bones (Ashtown Burials #3)

by N. D. Wilson

Not a bad ending to the trilogy. ( )
  bookwoman137 | Jan 10, 2014 |
ARC provided by NetGalley

I'm a late come to Ashtown Burials trilogy...and it was this title that brought me to the series. I read the description of the book on NetGalley and just knew I had to read it...and I wasn't disappointed at all.

What N.D. Wilson has created is a trilogy that echoes a bit of what we see with the Percy Jackson or Harry Potter series. Strong young characters, both male and female, who aren't afraid to take on the world to make it a better place and to stop the evil that they see. And what Wilson does well, is create characters that we want to read about that, that we feel connected to from the very first page and we don't want to let go of them. It's the type of series that is easy to recommend for all ages.

In this final book, Wilson ties all of the lose ends together as the Smith family and their allies must do battle with the transmortals. The children must rise up and accept their destiny, Cyrus in particular, to help lead an epic battle of good vs. evil. Wilson composes this battle masterfully and shows us that even though the sacrifice will be heartbreaking, it is necessary in the end.

I'd highly recommend this series to fans of the Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and the Chronicles of Narnia series. You won't go wrong with reading this book and becoming caught up in the lives of the Smith family and you won't want to say goodbye at the end. I give the book 4 out of 5 stars. ( )
  zzshupinga | Dec 7, 2013 |

Fans of both Percy Jackson and Indiana Jones will be captivated by the lost civilizations, ancient secrets, and buried treasure found in the third book of the Ashtown Burials series, an action-packed adventure by N. D. Wilson, the author of Leepike Ridge and the 100 Cupboards trilogy.

Cyrus and Antigone Smith have thwarted Dr. Phoenix's plans—for the moment. And they've uncovered a new threat from the transmortals and managed to escape with their lives. Their next adventure will take them deep into the caves below Ashtown, where they will look for help from those imprisoned in one of Ashtown's oldest tombs.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:34:57 -0400)

"Hunted and on the run, Cyrus and Antigone Smith race to find the inheritance left to them by their benefactor, Billy Bones, before rampaging transmortals can descend on Ashtown and free their buried brothers"--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,465,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible