Fables, Vol. 19: Snow White by Bill…

Fables, Vol. 19: Snow White

by Bill Willingham

Other authors: Mark Buckingham (Illustrator), Steve Leialoha (Illustrator), Shawn McManus (Illustrator), Andrew Pepoy (Illustrator)

Series: Fables (Vol. 19, Issues 124-129 & back-ups from 122-134)

English (14)  Dutch (1)  All languages (15)
This 19th volume of Fables brings us up to date with the story of Bufkin and Lily who are in Oz and helping to fight in the revolution against an evil emperor. Once Oz has been freed, Buflin and Lily dedicate their lives to helping oppressed people everywhere.

The story then shifts to Snow White and Bigby’s attempt to find their missing cubs. Bigby and Stinky set off in a magical car to trace the two missing cubs, but Snow White remaining behind falls into a far greater danger from Prince Brandish who claims Snow as his wife. This situation ends up with the death of a main character which I am sure will be addressed over the next few issues.

The complex characters and twisted storylines of this series keep it both original and unique. As always Bill Willingham takes his readers in a surprising direction and I look forward to seeing what will happen next. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Jun 18, 2017 |
Willingham never disappoints. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
This volume was alright. Nothing that special...some interesting plot lines, some weak writing. Things are starting to feel like they're coming towards a slow ending. ( )
  amazedemon | Oct 15, 2016 |
There were other tangents in the book, but the main one focuses on Snow White. Bigby has gone away to find two of their children, and someone from Snow's past has returned - someone she didn't want to see...

The Snow While thread was the good one for me in this volume. The rest of the happenings (the first 1/3 of the book), I really didn't care about, which is why the lower rating. 3 stars from me is “ok”, but this is one of the lower rated volumes in the series for me. I was surprised at the ending, on a couple of fronts. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jun 27, 2016 |

Willingham, BillAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Buckingham, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Leialoha, SteveIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McManus, ShawnIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pepoy, AndrewIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"With Castle Dark now back in the hands of the Fables, mysteries both young and old begin to challenge the residents of Fabletown. Bigsby and Stinky set off from Fabletown in Rose Red's blood-fueled sports car to track down the two abducted cubs. Unfortunately for Snow White, besides suffering the trauma of having two of her cubs go missing, a long forgotten secret uncovered in Castle Dark threatens to sabatoge her and Bigsby's marriage. This volume also collects the backup adventures of Bufkin and Lily from issues #114-121, as well as their full length adventures found in issue #124. Collected here are Fables issues #114-123 (back-up stories only) and issues #124-129"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,816,020 books! | Top bar: Always visible