Freehand Drawing and Discovery: Urban…

by James Richards

Member:conceptDawg
Title:Freehand Drawing and Discovery: Urban Sketching and Concept Drawing for Designers
Authors:James Richards
Info:Wiley (2013), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 288 pages
Collections:Your library, Art & Design
Tags:watercolor, urban sketchers, USK, illustration, sketch, sketching

Freehand Drawing and Discovery: Urban Sketching and Concept Drawing for Designers by James Richards

I've read a decent amount on urban sketching and drawing your life, but this book is from the perspective of architecture and landscape design. I skipped the last chapter on digital drawing, but the rest was interesting, if not quite what I was looking for. Lessons on perspective and the color wheel aren't really my thing. I'm definitely a drawing-your-life kind of person, with little interest in design. That said, I could see it being useful for someone interested in design, even if I have no idea how much new ground it actually covers. ( )
  melydia | Apr 14, 2016 |
I'm working my way through this book slowly because I want to practice each element before I move on. The book includes access to some wonderful online tutorials.
1 vote JackieCraven | Apr 28, 2013 |

""The things we learn about our environment when we draw on location help us as we imagine, draw, and design the future.""--Francis D.K. Ching While computer-aided design has changed the way designers explore and communicate their visions, freehand drawing remains an essential skill for capturing a flow of visual ideas and developing them on the spot. Freehand Drawing & Discovery takes an updated and practical approach to using hand sketching in a digital world, employing a ""both/and"" philosophy that shows you how to rapidly capture ideas with hand sketching that ca.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,133,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible