I'm a Truck by Dennis Shealy

I'm a Truck (2006)

by Dennis Shealy

My son is not at all interested in these illustrations, but he really likes the story, especially if read with many funny voices. I don't care for the illustrations either.
  saskreader | Jan 26, 2009 |
Be warned, the binding on this book *will* peel off. Have some tape to fix the problem. I took off a star over that.

Onto the book itself:

My little truck-obsessed niece (aged 2.5) adores this book. We follow a truck's day, and he tells us all about his various friends on the road and the jobs they do. The narration is similar in style to the "I Stink" series of books, but gentler - if you were turned off of those books because of the main character's attitude, you might prefer this one.

I do find that the story here is a little choppy. Your little one probably won't notice.

So long as you have masking tape at home for that pesky binding problem, I highly recommend this one. ( )
  conuly | Jul 17, 2008 |

How-dee! My name’s Big Blue Bill, and I’m a truck. I’ve got 18 big wheels turning, 600 horses under the hood, and 53 feet o’ trailer hangin’ on behind . . . So begins a book that introduces all types of trucks (with names such as Bony Tony and Leif the Logging Truck), narrated by a good ol’ boy semi-truck! Lively text and bold, colorful artwork of hip, anthropomorphic trucks will transport young readers down highways, into a truck stop, and onto a construction site.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:56 -0400)

How-dee! My name's Big Blue Bill, and I'm a truck. I've got 18 big wheels turning, 600 horses under the hood, and 53 feet o' trailer hangin' on behind ... So begins a book that introduces all types of trucks (with names such as Bony Tony and Leif the Logging Truck), narrated by a good ol' boy semi-truck! Lively text and bold, colorful artwork of hip, anthropomorphic trucks will transport young readers down highways, into a truck stop, and onto a construction site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,544,203 books! | Top bar: Always visible