Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale by Ian…

Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale (edition 2006)

by Ian Morgan Cron

Member:CCLendingLibrary
Title:Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale
Authors:Ian Morgan Cron
Info:NavPress Publishing Group (2006), Paperback, 253 pages
Tags:TGM, Saints and Classics

Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale by Ian Morgan Cron

Chase Falson is the co-founder and pastor of a large and thriving church. But, when tragedy strikes, Chase finds he is losing his faith and unfortunately for him, it is during a sermon that he admits it. After the public breakdown, he is forced to take some time away from the church. During this time, he is invited to Italy by his Uncle, Friar Kenny, where he embarks on a pilgrimage. Hesitant, Chase finds himself rethinking his perception of the church and faith.

This is an excellent book. I strongly urge you to read it. ( )
  shannon.dolgos | Sep 5, 2017 |
I was saddened and surprised at the callous and ungracious response of Ian Cron's church to his crisis of faith. This is a clear demonstration of the absence of grace. I would not be a part of such a church because it represents the polar opposite of what the Gospel is all about.
Cron's search for Francis was a wonderful story that more than once brought tears to my eyes. Somehow, however, and I'm not sure why, the conclusion and the decisions Cron makes, based on what he learns in Italy, were unsatisfying. The changes that result from a true encounter with the risen Christ are much more profound than a new commitment to a progressive social agenda. Even so this is a great read, and I highly recommend it. Keep in mind as you read thus book, however, that Cron never really gets it. He remains a liberal heretic who had one glorious opportunity to hear Francis' witness to the glorified Christ and he missed the message entirely. ( )
  Charles.Williams | Oct 10, 2016 |
Your contribution of this book to the collection whether by Virtual lending or by outright donation to the collection--would be most appreciated!
  societystf | Apr 6, 2016 |
This was not what I was expecting, and I was pleasantly surprised. This book was suggested by Crystal at Money Saving Moms, and I figured that this was going to be an overly religious read. A pastor loses his faith and travels to Italy to visit his uncle in an attempt to rediscover it.

What he finds instead is St. Francis - a man who revolted against the norm and changed the world. This was not a religious study, but rather an invitation to look inside yourself and be willing to stand up for what you believe in and be willing to make that change in the world.

I found this book inspirational, without being overly religiously inspirational. Cron found that balance between telling a story with meaning, and meaning for his story to tell the reader something. Already I am building a list of people to share this book with.

Again, this is not my typical type of story, but I have been finding so many books recently that are not "my type" that speak to me, so maybe I should re-evaluate what "my type" really is. ( )
  Ermina | Feb 25, 2016 |
This book changed me. Everyone should read it. Twice. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |

What happens when the pastor of a mega church loses his faith? Pastor Chase Falson has lost his faith in God, the Bible, evangelical Christianity, and his super-sized megachurch. When he falls apart, the church elders tell him to go away: as far away as possible. Join Chase on his life-changing journey to Italy where, with a curious group of Franciscan friars, he struggles to resolve his crisis of faith by retracing the footsteps of Francis of Assisi, a saint whose simple way of loving Jesus changed the history of the world. Read this riveting story and then begin your own life-changing journey through the pilgrim's guide included in this powerful story.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,952,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible