Saving Saffron Sweeting by Pauline Wiles

Saving Saffron Sweeting

by Pauline Wiles

Adorable book! I really loved it. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is I can't honestly say - omg, this is the best book ever. ( )
  Kimberly_P | Nov 14, 2014 |
I received a copy of Saving Saffron Sweeting by Pauline Wiles in exchange for an honest review.

This was a really cute story about Grace and the challenges she faces when she discovers her husband James is cheating on her. I really liked Grace and she was someone I could relate to on so many levels. Her whole world is rocked by James’ infidelity and unable to deal with it, she runs away to a small English town to figure out what to do next.

She finds herself in Saffron Sweeting and meets some very interesting characters, some of whom become good friends and a good support system. But during her struggles she finds what is important and realizes that sometimes not everything there are some grey areas in life that you have to work through.
  karmakath | Sep 8, 2014 |
Delightful book. ( )
  dd196406 | Apr 20, 2014 |
Lovely book. Very Jill Mansell-ish.
Well written, well edited.

This is Brit chick lit, which to me means it is just a look at the life of our characters.
Yes, things happen; but it is not full of fabulous living, trips to Paris and billionaire baby daddies.
Just a good book with a common trope executed well.

Loved every minute of it. ( )
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |
Grace Palmer is living the American Dream, the young Brit has a fledgling interior design business that she is building in Silicon Valley, California. But her dreams are shattered when her husband James sleeps with her client. Humiliated and heartbroken, Grace flees back to her homeland where she starts her life anew in the quaint little English village of Saffron Sweeting. While Grace gets settled in her new surroundings, the community of Saffron Sweeting is fighting their own battles against the greed of developers who want to change its tranquility and destroy the village's landmarks. Grace is encouraged to become active in the village community and help them adapt to the changes coming to Saffron Sweeting. Grace embarks on a journey of self-discovery that will guide her to live a new life, find her passion, and have a second chance at love.

In her debut novel, Saving Saffron Sweeting, author Pauline Wiles weaves a delightful tale written in the first person narrative of one woman's journey of self-discovery while helping a community save its quaint village from greedy developers.

The reader is transported between Silicon Valley, California and the village of Saffron Sweeting in Great Britain, where they follow Grace Palmer as she picks up the pieces of her life and forms a strong bond with the community of Saffron Sweeting as they navigate the changes to their village.

This entertaining story has a nice mixture of humor, charm, sass and romance. The author provides her readers with a story full of witty British phrases and mouth watering treats that makes you want to visit the village of Saffron Sweeting.

Grace's story draws the reader in as she starts her life over with a sassy sense of humor and independence that is admirable. I loved the portrayal of life in the quaint English village setting, and its quirky inhabitants are colorful and provided a lot of laugh-out-loud moments.

Saving Saffron Sweeting is a lighthearted, witty, fun and thoroughly enjoyable romantic comedy that will leave a smile on your face.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/saving-saffron-sweeting-by-pau... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | May 1, 2013 |

Pauline Wiles is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,443,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible