Fried Pickles and the Fuzz (Redneck Fabulous…

Fried Pickles and the Fuzz (Redneck Fabulous Series) (Volume 1)

by Calico Daniels

511,436,638 (5)None

"Good men aren't hard to figure out." Her blue eyes sparkled. "But like a five-pound bass, they're hard to land."

When Heather's Granny Joy passed away she took over running her Granny's cafe' called The Fried Pickle Cafe'. Heather doe-eyed over the new sheriff, Bronson Andrews, and he had a secret thing for Heather. Each night after the crowd was gone he came into the cafe' to have dinner and talk to Heather hoping to work up the courage to ask her out. But when old Gus starts reeking havoc on the town, Bronson has to do his job and reign him in. But will Heather's affection for Gus and her determination to take care of him drive a wedge between Bronson and Heather?

I love small town romances. This book very much reminded me of my own hometown with the Big Creek Days celebration. My town puts on a celebration called "Mule Days" and I couldn't help smiling because they are so similar. Heather's cafe' is called the Fried Pickle Cafe' because their specialty is, you guessed it, fried pickles. Bronson, however, has an aversion to fried pickles and refuses to try them which only makes it a challenge for Heather. I loved Heather's heart for Gus, a twenty-six-year-old gelding, that had no home or no one to love him. Heather was determined to find him a home so he could live out his last days in peace. That really spoke to me and my extreme love for animals. I also love when the two main characters are wild about each other but neither one knows it so they are constantly side-stepping the issue out of fear they will be rejected. Bronson was adorable. The big, handsome stud of a sheriff was afraid to ask Heather on a date and that just made him even more endearing.

This is my second book by Calico Daniels and she is seriously one of my new favorite authors. This book was light-hearted, humorous with romance that has a little sizzle. No naps during this book because you won't want to put it down. It's a quick read but well worth it. I love Calico's writing style. Her settings make me feel like I could actually live there and her characters are so fun loving and endearing. Heather's friend, Beth Ann, was so outspoken, a real spitfire, and I looked forward to each time she had a part in the book. If you want a quick read that will leave you smiling, this is it. I also recommend her other book, You, Me and Sweet Tea. You'll love it also. This is a "Can't put it down" engaging story. I highly recommend it to those who like light-hearted romance!

Disclaimer:I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review. The opinions expressed are mine alone. I received no monetary compensation for this review. ( )
  Wanda_Barefoot | Apr 16, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,580,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible