Look Not Unto The Morrow by Robert Fantina

Look Not Unto The Morrow

by Robert Fantina

811,035,133 (5)None

Although Look not unto the Morrow is a fictional account of a Vietnam veteran, it offers some valuable insights into the wounded soul of young soldiers returning from war.

I followed the main character, Roger, to college and then reluctantly to Vietnam. Parallel to this, I was exposed to the tribulations of his high school sweetheart, Pam. I had a harder time understanding her, because she seemed to have less excuses for the poor choices she made. Fortunately, the story does not focus so much on who to blame, who to punish or what the perfect answers are. It does, however, lay bare the complexity of healing a broken spirit.

As I read, I could not help investing emotions in the various characters’ welfares. I am grateful that drugs and therapy were not prescribed as the most suitable solutions. It has been my experience that humans cannot be processed and then cast off. Healing takes an enormous amount of love, patience and vigilance. It is not easy or convenient for anyone.

Roger’s new friend, Michelle, clearly demonstrated this, more human, approach. Personally, I don’t know if I could have done what Michelle was able to do for Roger, but I am grateful that people like her do exist and are role models to those of us who judge and dismiss too quickly.

I found no Disneyesque finale, but I did find room for hope and a motive for discernment. This is definitely a story I will not forget. ( )
  YvonnevonInnes | Sep 25, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,060,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible