Unsinkable: A Novel by Nicole Bradshaw

Unsinkable: A Novel

by Nicole Bradshaw

322,001,085 (2.5)None

The story of Titanic is known to everyone and we all have the movie etched in our psyche. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this and to start reading. Nicole Bradshaw's version of this well known story was set around the love story between a young coloured girl and the nephew of Captain Smith. There were many links with the storyline of the movie which I was not sure that I liked. In truth it reads like a young adult romance novel, but it was enjoyable. ( )
  KerryMarsh | May 26, 2013 |
As someone who loves to read about the Titanic, I was intrigued by the idea of this novel being about the only black family on the Titanic.� However, I quickly realized that the only thing accurate about the LaRoche family was the name.� LaRoche was in fact on the Titanic, but unlike the book, his pregnant wife and two very small children were also on the ship.

The novel is very similar to the Titanic movie. There is little originality in the story itself.� The story is about Joseph LaRoche and his two teenage girls who are traveling on the Titanic to get back to Canada. Corinne, a second class black girl, falls in love with the Captain's nephew. The story will hold your attention, but do not expect a story about the Titanic that has not been told many times before. ( )
  lissarbry | Apr 11, 2013 |

"A provocative novel about the only black family on board the Titanic - a beautiful, intimate look at racial tension, family discord, and how love conquers all"--Page 4 of cover.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,932,169 books! | Top bar: Always visible