A Novel Obsession (Novel Series, #1) by Jeff…

A Novel Obsession (Novel Series, #1)

by Jeff Joseph

731,138,814 (4.33)None

Actual rating: 3.5/5

I must say that when I was presented with the opportunity to read A Novel Obsession, I was very excited; I was really looking forward to read A Novel Obsession.

I liked reading A Nobel Obsession, it was fast and entertaining. The writing was different from what I’m used to, but in a good way; it was sophisticated and catchy. The book is written in the third person, allowing us to see deeper into each character; I’m not a big fan of third-person writing but for this novel, it worked perfectly.

As for the characters, I have mixed feeling. I liked Abby’s personality; she was fierce and stubborn with a mind of her own. Even though I liked Abby, when she was talking with her best friend (sometimes), she was like a stranger; the conversation was monotone and uncomfortable, I felt uncomfortable.
And there is Daniel…Oh Daniel!! He is perfect! I couldn’t find anything bad about him. When we first met him, he is depressed and tired of everything that his fame means. You would say that this was my least favorite part of the book, but NO! It was the thing that made me “connect” with Daniel; it made him feel closer, more human and more pleasant.
When Daniel recovered from his depression, he was charming and considerate. I simply love him; he is my favorite character and is in my book-boyfriend list for sure.

Now, about the plot, how many of you stalk authors? I do! But A Nobel Obsession isn’t just about stalking the authors you love most; it is also about how two people without knowing each can other fall in love; how Abby’s letter talk to Daniel’s heart and vice versa. It was a sweet and romantic story with a touch of mystery.
It was almost perfect, the ending was cute but it was too soon for me. It all happened in a blink of an eye. I hope –really hope- that there is a second book coming soon where things, like this same ending, are explained.

Overall, A Nobel Obsession was a sweet romance story with great characters and a polished writing. I will recommend this book to those who is looking for a fast paced and romantic book.

Disclaimer: I received A Novel Obsession as gift from the author in exchange for an honest review. These are my own thoughts and words and haven’t been affected by a third party or the price of the book. ( )
  Rosario_1105 | Jun 13, 2014 |
Abby Lane is in love.... unfortunately it is with the author of her favorite romance books. She has never met him, but he is the one that takes up most of her day dreaming time and all of her heart. Abby is a teacher at the local high school and is sort of involved with the principal of the school, Beau. He doesn't seem to be real bright, but he does love Abby and hangs in there hoping that one day she will love him too.
I like the characters and the energy of the plot. There is a bit of romance, some mystery, and a lot of action. And, a rather surprising ending. The author's writing is smooth and an easy read. Once you get into the book its very hard to put down. I enjoyed the read and look forward to reading more from this author. ( )
  bettysunflower | Nov 19, 2013 |
From the very first sentence of A Novel Obsession I was utterly breathless and drawn in like a fish on a hook. It was invigorating to read a dark romance written by a man. I can't recall ever reading one actually, but I was like a giddy teenager the entire read. Jeff Joseph sees life and romance in a different way than the typical female writer, often times to the point of over exaggeration, but then, he tosses in something to the mix to set the story back on track. I had started reading late at night with the intentions of just peeking into the book before bed, but before I knew it, the sun was peaking into my window and I was filled with shuttering fluttery goodness having just read finished this stellar suspenseful romantic novel.

"I'm not in love with Daniel...I am in love with his work, though...He understands love as well as any of the classic authors whose work I've read, and he makes his stories seem so real and personal because they take place in the present."

What is not to love about Abby? Her character is so dynamically written that you physically feel you are her. Her dreamy trances are what many of us desire to be and have as a woman. Abby is an incurable romantic who obsessively dreams of the day she meets the man of her dreams. The same dreams she has about bestselling romance writer, Daniel Sheppard. The only man she swears is right for her, but is so out of arms reach. Her best friend is always trying to pull her head out of the clouds and set her up with men, but needless to say, none stack up to her dreamy stud Daniel. Daniel's character was written to be such a lovable, wholesome gentlemen. The same type of guys women swear don't exist, yet I know they do because I married a man much like Daniel. Daniel has found the more notoriety his writing brings him, the more difficult it becomes and the bleaker his chances are for finding his dream woman not just chasing the bucks.

If you like to read, period, I would insist you read this book. It's a short read, but one that covers more than just romance making it appealing to all audiences. The cover, while appealing, reminded me more of a young adult “Winn Dixie” style cover that definitely doesn't do any justice for this richly written darkly romantic novel. The three different fonts is over kill and the ghostly looking characters is puzzling. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but with so many books being published, the cover art truly is important. In conclusion, this book has a little bit of something for everyone and I know you will enjoy it as much as I did. ( )
  crayolakym | Apr 14, 2013 |

Jeff Joseph is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,863,389 books! | Top bar: Always visible