How I Got Him To Marry Me: 50 True Stories…

How I Got Him To Marry Me: 50 True Stories

by Cherise Kelley

841,035,133 (3.63)None

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the stories of how these 50 women got their husband to marry them. Though some were a bit trickier than others, they ultimately convinced their husbands that marriage could indeed be beneficial. Many of these stories were very sweet, and some were even more than a bit heartwrenching. All in all, each woman who shared her story seemed to be happier now that she has the ring on her finger. ( )
  sealford | Aug 15, 2013 |
It's a good research book to whom wanna know how you can convince someone else to marry you. ( )
  VaniaNunes | Jun 26, 2013 |
I received this book from Library Thing to read and review. I never realized how much trouble some women have trying to get a man to marry them. I guess I was just lucky (I had no problem). This is an interesting collection of stories from different women about what worked for them in this area. One thing that did trouble me is whether the author and/or the fifty women thought not marrying was such a terrible thing. Personally, I do not think it is, but I am married and not really in a position to answer. Also, many of my friends and I have often wondered why getting married is so difficult for men (and not as much so for women). The book is well written and interesting to read. Each story is somewhat different, and many are very different. They are humorous and serious. I found myself laughing and nodding in agreement several times as the tales unfolded. Based on my experience, the author deserves a nod of approval for a good editing job, for the stories flow well and are often complimentary. I think the writing proves the author can write well enough. I hope her next book I a bit more creative on her part and not a compilation of others’ tales. I look forward to more from her. ( )
  KMT01 | May 1, 2013 |
I can see how this book might scare away some people as a desperate plea for marriage. However, I started out reading the stories with an open mind and thought differently.

I did not like the note from the author where she stated she wants to lecture people about marriage. i also didnt like knowing there was a possibility she changed the stories. But I do understand that not everyone is an author and cannot express their words.

I felt that one thing all the stories can offer their reader is HOPE. Hang in there and if it is ment to be it will be.

I did not finish the book. I am happily married and felt then end state to all the stories is the same...they end up together. I did feel a few of the stories were a HaHa I trapped you into marriage type story which I dont agree with. Not every story has a happy ending...but what marriage does.

Although I did not finish the book, I was given the chance to have an early read in exchange for an honest review. It is not my type of book, but it is not written poorly it just isnt for me.

I encourage those who are looking to be married or have their eye on someone and it has been too long, read it..draw your own conclusions! ( )
  nurdgirl | Apr 29, 2013 |

He likes it. Now get him to put a ring on it!
Learn from these 50 stories of women who have been there!

Sandy's boyfriend Jack wouldn't even bring up the 'm word'. She started leaving her things in his apartment, including some tampons in his bathroom. It worked! Too off guard to make excuses like "Living together is just as good as being married," Jack said, "People will start to think you're my wife!" "Well, how about it?" Sandy asked Jack.

Crystal got Paul to skip just living together by refusing to move across the country until she had a marriage license, signed and dated.

Read these full stories plus 48 more, ranging from the heartwarming to the hilarious! You don't have to interview 50 married women to find out how they managed to get that ring on their finger. The author has done that for you. All 50 were married after 1990, so this is modern information for our changing times. Read and find out how you can get him to marry you and not just live together!

LIMITED TIME OFFER: Please see the end of the Kindle book to learn how to claim a free paperback copy if you are one of the first 25 to post an honest review!

This book is rated G. There is no sex in it.
The book tells how these 50 women dealt with his excuses:
"Marriage is just a piece of paper."
"Living together is just as good as being married."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:55 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Cherise Kelley's book How I Got Him To Marry Me: 50 True Stories was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Cherise Kelley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,525,484 books! | Top bar: Always visible