Security by Mandy Baggot

Security

by Mandy Baggot

Well after reading 'knowing me knowing you' I knew I was in for a good time reading this, and I was not wrong. It had everything you want in a good romance, suspense, a spoiled brat main character, the unloveable mother and a mysterious man with a secret past. Mandy knows how to make her readers laugh and her choice of names for the famous singers was priceless 'Blu Daddy' anyone ! This is the second book I have read of Mandys and I will definitely be reading more. ( )
  WWDG | May 6, 2015 |
If you follow my blog at all, then you know that I often say “normally romances aren’t my thing”. That’s usually the case, but what I’ve found is that with a Mandy Baggot book, all bets are off. Baggot’s writing style is hip and engaging, her dialogue snappy and humorous. I found myself sucked into Autumn’s plight from page one. Here’s the interesting part, and what makes this such a great read. I didn’t want to like either character…in the beginning.

Autumn Raine is superficial, self-involved, and seems completely unappreciative of her glamorous life. Nathan Regan, is also instantaneously detestable, patronizing Autumn from their first meeting. However, the shift to engendering reader empathy is seamless in this book, in trend in all Baggot works. Before long our perception alters so that we’re not reading about two, obnoxious, narcissistic individuals, but instead about two lonely, damaged people who need to feel something again.

Security is a compelling, well-written work that will sucker you in immediately and refuse to let go. Whether you feel secure or not, or just like the idea of feeling that way with a stunning Baggot leading man, this book is for you! ( )
  Stephanie_Keyes | Apr 3, 2014 |
Autumn Raine is an international singing superstar, the ultimate media darling and diva. When Autumn's safety is threatened by death threats and kidnapping attempts, ex-special forces agent, Nathan Regan is hired as Autumn's personal bodyguard. With the threats mounting and her life unraveling, Nathan takes Autumn away to a safe haven. Autumn and Nathan are total opposites who are thrown together, each has their flaws and are haunted by past demons, but a mutual attraction and sizzling chemistry can't be denied as the sparks begin to fly. Is Nathan's experience enough to protect Autumn? Can they forge a bond that will help them survive? What will become of their mutual attraction?

Security is an intriguing romantic suspense story filled with enough drama, action and romance with a touch of humor that keeps the reader turning the pages. Author Mandy Baggot weaves an entertaining tale written in the third person narrative that follows the suspenseful adventures of Autumn Raine and Nathan Regan as they try to outwit the kidnapping plots as they fight to survive.

This fast paced story has enough suspense and intensity with unexpected twists and turns that keeps the reader engaged, while the sizzling chemistry and romance that develops between Autumn and Nathan will make your heart race. I loved that both Autumn and Nathan were realistic characters who had flaws and past demons that haunted them, I found them to be intriguing and really enjoyed the opposites attract scenario. I really enjoyed the multi-layered storyline, you can't help but become captivated and immersed in the intricacies of Autumn and Nathan's lives. Author Mandy Baggot provides the reader with an entertaining storyline that has it all: action, drama, intrigue, suspense, betrayal, comedy, heartbreak and romance ... what more could a reader ask for?!

With an interesting cast of characters who are realistic and flawed; witty dialogue and engaging interactions; and an intriguing storyline that keeps you on the edge until the surprising conclusion; Security is an exciting romantic suspense story that will leave you completely satisfied.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Reading Addiction Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/security-by-mandy-baggot-autho... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Apr 20, 2013 |

Mandy Baggot is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible