The Sugar Detox: Lose Weight, Feel Great,…

The Sugar Detox: Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Look Years Younger

by Brooke Alpert

141683,257 (2)None

This book is fatally (for me) flawed. It begins with a strict 3 day diet, but the lists of approved foods and the foods used in the recipes for the 3 days are not identical. I had three choices: Follow the list and possibly be depriving myself of a food I should be eating, follow the recipes and possibly be sabotaging myself, or toss the book back in the return bin.

The editing was also very poor and this is not one to get as an ebook as you must constantly flip back & forth.

I did try it, following the list for foods. I gave up on day 4 feeling exceedingly fatigued. According to the book, I should have been feeling wonderful.

I noticed that many of the 5 and 4 star reviews elsewhere were synopses and didn’t mention any of the above nor did they indicate if they actually tried the detox. I wonder how many were real? ( )
  MmeRose | Feb 3, 2014 |

Sugar is the new controlled substance. The average American consumes up to 31 pounds of sugar a year, and a diet high in sugar can cause diabetes, obesity, and many other health crises. Our excess intake of sugar, from the white stuff on the table to the high-fructose corn syrup hidden in packaged foods, is not only making us sick, it’s making us fat and aging our skin. Now, nutritionist Brooke Alpert and dermatologist Patricia Farris team up in this revolutionary program that helps get the sugar out of your diet to recapture youthful skin and good health.

Designed to limit the amount of extra blood sugar, slim your waistline, increase your energy levels, and improve your skin, this combined approach to nutrition and skin care will make you feel—and look—better than you ever have before. The secret? A three-day detox plan to get the sugar out of your system and get you on the path to eating and living the healthiest way possible.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:05 -0400)

Kick your sugar habit for good! A diet heavy in sugar can create a host of health problem, and promotes wrinkles, dry sky, and breakouts. This program, starting with a three-day plan to break your dependence on sugar, will help you rejuvenate from the inside out.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,445,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible