Shadow of Light by David David Kernan

by David David Kernan

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byhjvanderklis

No tags.

Shadow of Light, a passionate and controversial debut novel by David David Kernan, is set in 1993 Los Angeles with suggestions of autobiography. Wouldn’t you want to know what organized religion kept hidden for centuries and how you can link again to the divine? Sounds like the serpent in Eden, right or wrong? And, wouldn’t a male version of a love story trigger curiosity of many?
Makeup artist David, recently divorced and running in every direction of the LA region, is lost and disconnected, when he meets a beautiful man, Daniel . He invites him to join him, which quickly leads to a spell-bound fall in love. “There are no words, though it is my nature to fin them. Still, how does one describe intimacy without sounding vulgar? How does a man disclose every sensation without naming some part of him that may not exist for anyone else?” (p.138)
Daniel shares the stunning truth about man’s connection to the divine, and reduces every religion on the planet to myth. Sexuality is the anchor of this novel en the theory, like many poets and philosophers thought before Kernan. And of course there are the furious reactions of family and former friends. Experiences on cloud nine are countered with death wishes and “You will burn in Hell, David!” (p.515). Though the name of God is abused on almost every single page in the book, David & Daniel (biblical names used not coincidentally) devalue the “Bible…and every book of religion out there – truths based only in their immediate cultures, closed circles that disallow even a hint of progression.” (p.627) It’s this intriguing mix of “show, don’t tell” regarding lust and intercourse versus “tell, don’t show” regarding a genuine authentic connection with the divine world, instead of pursuing organized religion that characterizes Shadow of Light. ( )
  hjvanderklis | Jun 2, 2013 |

Shadow of Light - Sex and the Quantum Leap of Human Evolution. A journey of mind, body and soul, Shadow of Light takes place in 1993 and follows David's intimate relationship with Daniel, a man who is not what he seems, and who comes to reveal a great secret to David, a truth so powerful that religion's very existence depends on its secrecy. Now, almost thirty years later, with violence and apathy so prevalent in the world, and with so much fear pervading every waking moment, it is brutally apparent to David that mankind needs a better course, a simpler solution, a more personal answer ... and that his story finally has to be told. Shadow of Light reveals that there is an ancient memory within the heart of each of us that seeks to be embraced again, a truth that has been locked away by dogma and smothered by religion, a truth so simple that its lack of discovery until now defies logic. While religion, politics, science and philosophy all play integral roles throughout Shadow of Light, it is Shadow's intimate relationship between David and Daniel, in all its thought-provoking tenderness and mystery, its sublime realizations of heartfelt truths - for one: that the male and female live inside every one of us - that push home these sublime and so simple answers. Shadow of Light shows how to skip the chaos, how to rise above the pain and conquer the fear. Dogma the world over has held mankind in its restrictive, degrading grip since its purposed inception, permeating almost every aspect of our lives. Shadow of Light is the key to unlocking the cage we've all called home whether wholeheartedly or reluctantly for thousands of years, and will prove the next great step in human evolution: that we are not so detached from the divine as religion would have us believe and that we inherently hold the ability to touch the divinity in ourselves and others whenever we want ... and that we have always been able. Like Dorothy, home is closer than we think.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:43 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,615,492 books! | Top bar: Always visible