Easy Bake Coven by Liz Schulte

Easy Bake Coven

by Liz Schulte

Easy Bake Coven, love the title by the way, was a quick-paced and fun read. Full of a wide variety of paranormal creatures, and enough steamy romance to keep this reader turning the pages, it was a very enjoyable read!

Selene is our heroine in Easy Bake Coven, and you find out so much about her as the story progresses, even at the end we are learning things we didn't know. Cheney is a sexy elf that seems to know way more about her than she even knew herself. The romance that develops between them starts out as a love-hate kind of thing and transforms into some pretty steamy scenes later on.

There is such a great plot to this story, and I don't want to ruin it for anyone, so I'm not going to go into it too much, but I do want to say that I really enjoyed it and that there were so many characters in this book that I loved and hope to see more of in the next book! And, although the book has a great ending, Liz Schulte dropped a bomb in the last couple of pages that made me yearn to start the second book right away! I'm not going to spoil it for you, but you're definitely going to want to read the second book Hungry, Hungry, Hoodoo (which just released yesterday, yay!) as soon as you finish this one!

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars ( )
  Chrystina.Williams | Dec 4, 2015 |
An entertaining read but disappointing.. not many witches around - just the King and Queen of the Elves??? I was expecting something funny too.. given the original description and the cover.. NEVER tell a book by it's cover - all good advice :) ( )
  Mecaza | Jun 23, 2015 |
It didn't really grab my attention but it was fairly readable.

I got it free from amazon at some point and finishes on a bit of a cliffhanger but I have no real impulse to read on.

Selene Warren is a witch and that's quite okay with her, her small coven cast spells occasionally and she teaches yoga and while she wants a bit more from her life she's happy enough and then her grandmother is attacked and Cheney comes into her life. Her life will change and will never be the same again.

It's not terrible but it didn't flow well enough for me and I didn't care about the characters and what was happening to them. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Apr 22, 2015 |
I gave this book a try because it was free, so I did get more than my money's worth even though it was more of a romance novel than I expected. If I hadn't started it on the plane, I might not have gotten past the first couple of chapters, but it was an acceptable way to kill some time. It's an interesting-enough variation on a well-worn story, but reads more like an early draft than a finished work: the characters are interesting and the plot keeps moving, but the characters aren't well-developed and the dialogue is stilted. It doesn't quite rise to the level of, say, Kim Harrison's lesser work.

One warning: the story is not resolved at the end of this first book! Frankly, I kept reading mostly to see how the story turned out, and now I feel cheated. I'm not sure I'll give the second book a try. ( )
  szarka | Feb 28, 2015 |
Quirky, funny, and fast paced PNR are among my favorites and Liz Schulte always manages to deliver all three. You'll get sucked in and when you're done, you can't help but want more.

Selene is a witch with a past she doesn't even realize she's missing. The whole mystery revolves around her forgotten memories that she would rather leave in the past. After all she has the perfect life, with good friends, a successful business, and a charming, safe fiance that she adores. Who would want to leave all that behind?

Cheney, that's who. When this mysterious, yet delicious pops into her life, Selene feels threatened. He acts and talks like he knows her, but she has no idea who he is. When her friends can't even see him, it adds to her suspicion. But when her Grams is attacked, all the perspective in the world won't prepare her for what she will learn, face, and live through as she continues on her journey.

Half-elf, half-human Selene will need to chose between the perfect and safe life of what her humanity knows, or jump into the unknown to save the people from the tyrant King that just happens to be Cheney's father, and something else, but that would be a spoiler :P

It's smoking, sexy, and full of paranormal/UF fun. If you enjoy this genre, then pick this baby up. I can't wait to read the next book. ( )
  AuthorRaeZRyans | May 24, 2014 |

For Selene Warren being a witch is no big deal. She dabbles in harmless magic with her friends and never thinks much about it. However, when a stranger who seems to know her shows up at her studio and her grandmother is brutally attacked, her simple life becomes complicated.

A world of elves, half-elves, fae—and one peculiar Sekhmet named Femi open up to her. She will discover that fairy tales are real, politics are ugly in any world, and there is a lot more to her life than she ever dreamed possible.

This new reality threatens swallow Selene whole, but with a forgotten past beating down her door, she will have to dive in to save her future.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible