Gabriel by Chris Lange

Gabriel

by Chris Lange

511,436,638 (2)None

The book blurb for Gabriel by Chris Lange grabbed my attention and I put the book on my want to read list.

I mean what’s not likable about this:

“Who can stop a master vampire from expanding his territory? Only one woman, born with a rare, invisible power, and hate for his kind deep in her blood. Now she has to face the master who has become a legend. His name is Gabriel.”

The author contacted me and asked if I would read the book in exchange for an honest review, well here goes:

The story is short, about 61 pages so I think novelette is a better description then calling it a book. I think I have issues with works this short. I never felt vested in the characters, I neither liked them or disliked them, they were just null for me. With so little space its hard for an author to really develop enough back story for the reader to really get into the characters. I also felt no connection, or chemistry between Gabriel and Calista, for a romance it just wasn't convincing. The stories writing was a bit uneven, flowing well in parts, and then seeming stiff in other sections. The majority of the sex scenes were mechanical, passionless, and boring in my opinion. I found my favorite part of the story was towards the end when Gabriel shared his back story, the writing was good, flowed well, had some emotion and feeling , and actually gave me a reason to like him. But alas no sooner did it begin, then the entire story was over.

I think the premise of the book has a lot of potential, with a good rewrite, and lengthening of the page count, more character development, some feelings, emotions, a couple of hot sex scenes this could be a fun read. For me it's just not there yet.

Overall I would rate this story a 1.5 to 2 star read
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,328 books! | Top bar: Always visible