Aftershocks [novella] by Kristine Cayne

Aftershocks [novella]

by Kristine Cayne

193537,190 (4.33)None

This is the prequel to Kristine's new rescue firefighter series. Jamie Caldwell is part of the Seattle Fire Dept Technical Rescue Team. He has been separated from his wife who wants a divorce. He has been putting off signing the papers cause he doesn't want to lose his daughter. Erica suffers from a lot of issues from her childhood and while Jamie was away for an humanitarian mission her insecurities got the better of her and she decided to start not needing Jamie anymore and basically pushed him away when he got back even though she laid the blame on him. After a large earthquake rocks Seattle, Erica and their daughter Chloe are trapped in a building. The majority of this book is Jamie and his team trying to rescue them. We get to find out what went wrong in there marriage and see that deep down they really both still love each other. I loved the rescue scenes in the book it was like you were right there with them crawling through the collapsed building. We got to find out about all of Jamie's family and a couple of co-workers who will all get there books in the future. This was a great start to what looks to be a very good series. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
What a great story in such a short book. A well developed, exciting story, limited character development, but since this is a novella and meant to be an introduction to the series it works. I actually read this after reading the first book in the series so I an easily identify with the characters.
Even though this book is less then 100 pages, the story held my attention and deserving of the 4 stars ( )
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
Amazing novella! Enjoyed sitting at the edge of my seat as I read about this troubled young family and the earthquake that almost killed all of them.

Great beginning to the Six-Alarm Sexy series! ( )
  Gloria.Herrera | Mar 26, 2014 |

Kristine Cayne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,563,728 books! | Top bar: Always visible