Everything Bared by Kristine Cayne

Everything Bared

by Kristine Cayne

Everything Bared is so much more than the obvious sexual reference. It’s also two souls that are afraid to bare there true selves for fear of rejection of both family and friends and there high profile jobs.

I knew from the glimpses we got of Dani and Will in the first book that I was going to love their book and boy did I. To her coworkers and the outside world Dani is considered a tough female firefighter and is also a trained Urban search and rescue with her own dog. But secretly she is an exhibitionist. But due to past relationships failing because of this she is leery of getting involved with another man. She also has some insecurity issues deep down about never being accepted for both the job she does and her sexual kink. She’s been in love with her boss’s brother William Caldwell for a couple years but had never acted on it as they are total opposites. When Jamie finds out one of his firefighters is sleeping in her car due to her apartment being fixed from the earthquake he has the perfect place for her to stay, with William.

William Caldwell turned out to be a whole lot more complex than I thought he was. He’s the only male of his siblings that didn’t go into firefighting or rescue services. He chose to go into finance and is the CFO at the family business, He wears fancy suits and has his life all planned out to one day become the CEO and marry a woman suited to play the role expected. He’s known Dani for while through his brothers and knows she pushes all his buttons the wrong way and would not be a suitable candidate for his plans for the future.

I have to say the chapter where Dani first moves in with Will was extremely funny. Once these two stop there sparring they realize they are very sexually attracted to each other but Dani is leery of starting anything for fear she will scare Mr Prim and Proper away with her sexual preferences. What she didn’t know is Will has a kinky side himself. The sex scenes between these two were scorching.

There are plenty of things going on besides these two burning the sheets up. Will has major issues going on at work that put him and his Dad at odds at times. And even though the firefighting scenes and USAR scenes are talked about after the fact they are still told in detail and you can tell the author has a huge respect for both professions. We get plenty of face time with the other Caldwell siblings and Hollywood. The author gives us these little hints into their lives that hook you into wanting there story NOW.

This was another great addition to the series and I cannot wait for the next installment.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
I really should have written this review right after I read the book, but I didn't. And now I am all foggy on my impressions. But I have a few highlights, so we'll see how this goes...

So the setup of this book is interesting and involves one of my favorite tropes. But then we got about 50 pages in and everything just started going downhill. Both the the mains irritated me for one reason or another.

William was fine, until he started getting all confusing on what he actually wanted out of their relationship. He went back and forth between wanting their relationship a secret and wanting it out in the open, between being happy with their sexual relationship and then not, between wanting Dani to change/quit her job/stop being so crazy in bed to none of those things... and then back again. Seriously, he was all over the damn place.

Dani just plain pissed me off. She is made out to be this strong woman in a man's field. She is a K-9 unit for fire rescue, so the lady has balls. But when it comes to William saying that she needs to change herself/her job or they can't have a relationship? Folds. Completely. UGH.

The writing itself was good, but the characters... They just made you want to slap them. And since I didn't like either of these confused souls, I don't think I will be looking for more installments in this series...

Copy courtesy of Aspendawn Books, via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
Okay I liked it, I did not love it!
I liked the characters enough but I never connected them with them the way that I connected to the first book in the series which was scorching hot. I felt as though the book was missing something maybe the fact that I think that Dani was a bit annoying and William well William did not tickle my fancy if you know what I mean by that. I thought the book was okay and found it more comedic then scorching hot. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
In my opinion - the best book in the series so far. Great characters, humorous, sexy, dangerous, a bit of suspense, and good triumphs over bad. Best of all a book with a plot and hot sex.
I can’t wait for the next book in the series
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
An uptight future CEO with an image and a reputation to upkeep, and a sexy firefighter whose kink for exhibitionism could embarrass them both publicly and ruin their careers if they got caught. Sometimes you get burned, and sometimes it's worth the risk.

"You make me crazy. You make me want to do things I shouldn't. Things that can ruin me, ruin my family, ruin my company."

Kristine Cayne outdid herself with the second installment of her Six-Alarm Sexy series. This time I got the feeling that we got more story, more sex and more of an emotional connection between the characters, There was a lot of communication between Will and Dani; some of it funny and other times they tried to be honest about their feelings. The lack of unnecessary drama was very refreshing.

Dani was a strong heroine with a strong dedication to her job. She followed in her deceased father's footsteps, much to her mother's disappointment, which caused a rift in their relationship. As a result, Dani had come to see her fellow firefighters and the Caldwells as her surrogate family. She also had no luck in the love department. All of her past lovers had dumped her as soon as she told them about her kink for exhibitionism. I loved her very playful and adventurous side, especially all the times she'd try to embarrass Will or needle him. It was never malicious but more like verbal foreplay. I also liked that the author didn't try to make her less flawed. Dani didn't always think her actions all the way through.

Will was a great heroine for Dani. There were times he seemed like the shy nerd who didn't quite know how to handle the sexy firecracker in front of him, and other times he took control back quite nicely. He had his life all planned out which involved a nice woman to come home to, someone who would take care of home and hearth. A refined lady. Everything Dani was not. He wasn't exactly assertive, but he didn't back down from her advances either. It was also nice to see Will draw strength, encouragement and confidence from Dani, helping him to deal with his father and the company problems.

"For all intents and purposes, the company was his to save--or lose."

As was his relationship with Dani.

Their struggle with their attraction was handled really well. On the one hand they had an agreement not to see it as anything more than what it was, and on the other hand, it made both of them realize certain things about themselves. Will recognized that he had more fun in his life being around her carefree and adventurous spirit. He'd even been taking his family for granted and was on a fast track to becoming a snob. I had the most fun at his expense seeing his five year plan crash and burn when he compared Dani to his list of prospective brides. Dani realized that she wanted a family more than she was willing to admit, but she was willing to make the effort for the right man. There was a wonderful scene near the end when Dani tried to become what Will thought he wanted. Even though it was serious moment in her life, I had to laugh and applaud her geniality.

I have to admit that I enjoyed this story much more than the first one. The story had great dialogue, a lot of humor, and the sex ... #someofthemblewmymind. We also get to see Jaime and Erica again, and I think there's a set up for the next story which I think will be about Chad and Hollywood. If you enjoyed the first story, I think you'll get a kick out of this more light-hearted sequel, and it can be read as a stand alone. I've read it twice already, and I'll be reading it again.

Disclaimer: I received a review copy from the author for the purpose of an honest review. ( )
  MsRomanticReads | Jan 22, 2016 |

Kristine Cayne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,352,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible