Teamwork (Hot Ice, #4) by Lily Harlem

Teamwork (Hot Ice, #4)

by Lily Harlem

Series: Hot Ice (4)

This book was well written but I had so many issues with it that I can't really say it was also a good book.

First, the hero is a whining, petulant brat. He's so fucking bratty that I felt absolutely no desire for him myself, nor did I want to read about the heroine's attraction to him.

The second guy is so flighty and uninvolved that there was no interest in him either!

The book's conclusion somehow depressed me...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I wanted them to stay a 3some, I liked the connection the two guys had when having sex together with a girl. I liked the dynamics they had, so I didn't like when the author wrote him out of the equation. Looking back on it, I see that that's what the whole book was leading towards, but I ignored the hints hoping I was wrong. I wasn't and I didn't like it.

I was however relieved to find out (sneaking a peak at the next book) that Todd didn't leave for NY to meet up with Raven's ex... I thought that's where he was heading and that really bothered me. But now I see that he was going off to eventually meet with a guy. I'd rather that then to meet up with the ex. However, like I said, I wanted him to stay with Raven and Fiona.

I also hated how Fiona reacted to Raven helping her at the conference. It was a really bitchy way to deal with the situation!

I also felt the menage aspect was way too suddenly initiated. One minute the hero and heroine aren't getting along, and the other guy is playing hard to get, the next moment they're all fucking in the kitchen. The scene felt forced and contrived, not natural at all... not that I know what natural is in such circumstances! hehehe
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I didn't really connect with anyone and I hated everyone's nick name! I won't be reading any other books in this series, but I might try another book by the same author. Don't know. This book just didn't do anything at all for me but annoy and bore me. ( )
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
Reviewed by: cupcake
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romance After Dark, a Romancing the Book site

: As you read this one, you might need to make a cold shower your best friend.
Welsh physiotherapist is hired by the Orlando Vipers to provide her healing touch after she proves successful with hot, if not somewhat primitive, Raven. Her gig is short-term, but she takes advantage of the opportunity to leave cold rainy London for warm sunny Florida. She also takes advantage of the opportunity to get close to Todd, Raven’s best friend and teammate.
And kids, they are teammates on and off the ice. If you know what I mean.
The first big sex scene (in a book rather full of sex scenes) comes when Raven and Todd share Fiona. On a kitchen table. Fiona likes what she experiences. So much so that she immediately begins fantasizing about doing it again. Meanwhile, she’s staying in Raven’s home, so those two get a little closer. And by “close,” I mean they have some hot sexy times. Todd joins them when he can, but the couple of the story is Raven and Fiona.
What plot there is to this book is negligible. It basically serves as a means of getting from one hot sex scene to the next. And those sex scenes. Oh, people. Those sex scenes are HOT. When we meet Fiona, she seems a little reserved, but once the clothes come off, she is adventurous and curious. Raven is, uh, quite well endowed and wields his manhood as deftly as an ice hockey stick. As for Todd, he knows how to scratch Fiona’s itches.
Read this one for the smokin’ hot sexy times. But be warned that you will need something to take the edge off after you finish. Cold showers, Hitachi wands, a man friend. You’ll need it! ( )
  RtB | Jun 15, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,134,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible