Blood and Fire by R. Brennan

Blood and Fire

by R. Brennan

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byMsRomanticReads

This review can also be found on my blog.

Well this was different, and actually a little refreshing considering the genre. This short story made me think of the Twilight Zone with a dark erotic twist. Remember those short episodes, and you didn’t know if the main character was going to have a happy ending or suffer some horrific consequence? This story had that feel to it. And then there’s the climax of the story when the “veil” falls away – the scene made me think of two of my favorite fantasy artists. In particular these two paintings: Boris Vallejo and Luis Royo.

This is definitely not something for the faint of heart, but I enjoyed it a lot. Miss Brennan has a wicked mind!

I’ve read one other short story by this author – Faith’s Gift. It can be found in the [b:Vanilla-Free Christmas|16134315|Vanilla-Free Christmas|Doris O'Connor|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1352266223s/16134315.jpg|21961586] Anthology. You can read my review here. It’s Story #8.

Disclaimer: I received a review copy from the author. A review in exchange was not promised. ( )
  MsRomanticReads | Apr 12, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,232,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible