Weirder Than Marshmallows Book of Essays by…

Weirder Than Marshmallows Book of Essays

by Dan Fogg

I cannot say I loved the book. I *can* say I finished it in one sitting. It is not easy to read, it is not very well organized and the stories range from moderately good to pretty bad. But, there were enough of the moderately good to keep me going until the end. ( )
  Nightwing | Jul 21, 2013 |
This book reminded me of my father. He's a very cynical man and the more of this book I read, the more I could see and hear him sat in his favorite armchair casting judgement over the world and it's foibles!
That being said, it wasn't a totally un-enjoyable read. ( )
  Mr_ZedCee | Jul 15, 2013 |
I like weird; I like funny. This book hit neither of those marks although I did give a slight giggle when he made comments about PETA.

The author primarily wrote fiction. This book is a collection of his musings and non-fictional observations that was gathered together by his mother after his passing in 2002. I acknowledge it is difficult to edit a book by a deceased author because you can't go back to his and ask for a rewrite; however, an "arm's length" editor would have been a good idea. This is very disjointed and, at times, lacking substance. I guess it could be said to accurately depict the motley morass that is the brain of a college student, but that is not exactly a desirable trait for a book. Moreover, the nine years between the death of the author and the publishing of the book has made many of the snippets dated and unoriginal. Thankfully, it was a very quick read.

Too bad this rather misleading title was used. I think "Weirder than Marshmallows" would be a great band name.... ( )
  chazzarcturus | Jul 14, 2013 |
great book ( )
  star95011 | Jul 13, 2013 |
WEIRDER THAN MARSHMALLOWS. Essays by Dan Fogg, edited by Deborah Carney. A strange collection of thoughts and observations written by Fogg while in college. Random and some are repetitive. Received an advance reader copy thinking it would be humorous. I am not sure how to classify it. ( )
  jkjt | Jul 11, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,609,327 books! | Top bar: Always visible