Grounded by Neta Jackson
352321,274 (4)None

Title: Grounded (Book #1 in Windy City Neighbors Series)
Author: Neta & Dave Jackson
Pages: 320
Year: 2103
Publisher: Worthy
Prolific writers such as the Jacksons bring to their readers interesting, captivating and faith-filled fiction. The latest series set in Chicago, Illinois, is one that has many themes including romance, redemption, mystery, and listening for God’s voice. The main protagonist is a young woman, who is a Christian vocalist, named Grace Meredith. She has recently completed a tour. When she returns home, her voice is strained, sore and her heart is badly broken. The tour theme was putting forth the message of waiting until marriage for the gift of intimacy. However, Grace came back from the tour feeling like a complete hypocrite. Samantha is Grace’s assistant, but doesn’t know the deep secret of her friend.
With an unknown future, Grace is struggling in her heart, mind and spirit. She is unsure if God even hears her prayers. When the weather turns dangerous, her new manager spends time getting to know her and encourages her to see a doctor and rest. Throughout the novel, other characters are introduced to the audience that gives the story greater depth. One of the male characters seems to be very self-centered, while another one has a heart for the Lord and Grace.
There is a lot of tension in the heart and life of the various characters introduced in the book and looks to continue in the sequel, Derailed, that I will soon be reviewing. Dave and Neta share with people a message that needs to be told in a day of instant everything and the tendency to be unaware of our neighbors and what is occurring around us. Grounded shows the promise as the beginning of a wonderful series. Though fictional, it definitely reflects society in general. I grew up in the south suburbs of Chicago, so some of the landmarks and routes brought to mind memories of the area. However, even if one has not been to Chicago, the story will still be very exciting and enjoyable to read. Another point in the novel is that Christians who are broken, hurt and much more can find healing and hope in Christ. The beauty of the tale is how the Lord brings people into our lives who can be the vessels that touch our hearts and vice versa. The way some of the subject matter such as unwanted pregnancies and the choices made that affect many young women’s lives was very touching. In Grounded, there is laid before the reader how much God’s love and grace is shown toward us even when we feel we have nothing to give Him. Please read, then share this wonderful novel filled with hope with anyone God leads you to.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Nov 8, 2013 |
Advance Reviewers Copy/Free
The best Neta Jackson book so far, and that's high praise since I enjoy reading her Yada Yada, House of Hope, and Dave Jackson's Harry Bentley series.
Grace, a Contemporary Christian Music singer, lives in Chicago and tours singing. Roger, her fiance, has a problem with her traveling breaks off their engagement.
Jeff, reassigned to her agent, comes into her life, and he is very supportive of her, especially while she goes through physical hardship and dealing with emotional trauma from her past.
Harry and Estelle Bentley (from Yada Yada, etc.) move across the street from Grace.
  caroljels | Apr 13, 2013 |

When a beloved contemporary Christian recording artist finds herself unable to continue her current tour schedule, she returns home to Chicago, where she faces new questions about her future and her faith.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,014,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible