The Returns by M.K. Clinton

The Returns

by M.K. Clinton

172587,099 (5)None

I got a tremendous amount of enjoyment from this book. Very clever and HIGHLY entertaining! It gives the term "good fun" a whole new twist, as an Angel, a cat and four wonderfully believable dogs (oh, and one FBI agent) struggle to bring a really, really bad man to justice!

The dogs characterizations were spot-on. I could hear and see these guys in my head the whole time I was reading. Have I said it was funny? Ah, the pictures in my head! If you are a dog lover, this is absolutely a book you should read. The characters of the dogs are perfect for their breeds, as well as for the personalities of the people they used to be. Back before they had an "oops" moment that sent them to the "Heavenly Returns Department" upstairs. Oh, well, even angels make the occasional mistake!

If you have a great sense of humour, a good attitude and the ability to "make yourself comfortable" with dogs who sew costumes, work on car engines and generally behave like I can imagine my own dogs behaving, don't miss this one. I am eagerly watching for the next! ( )
  soireadthisbooktoday | May 4, 2014 |
Gotta love ghosts, angels and dogs!

This comedy has one of the most original story lines I have come across in a long time. It is truly a feel good book! A group of people die before their time, they are sent back as animals and an angel so they can solve a crime. The four dogs and one cat live with the most beautiful guardian angel out there. This angel is probably the world's worse cook, but they all love her anyways. The Golden Retriever usually says the blessing before the meal, and you guessed it - he prays for better food. Each of the dogs bring a special talent or two that they had when they were human. One of them was a designer and now makes them all costumes; another can fix cars, and so on. Can you imagine a small dog at a sewing machine or a basset hound trying to undo the lug nuts on a flat tire? Besides being hilarious, the book is for the most part PG rated, so the tweens at your house can enjoy the book with you. The author says this will be a series, if so; I cannot wait for book 2. ( )
1 vote CarolTilson | Oct 15, 2013 |

M.K. Clinton is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,378,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible