The Impaler's Revenge (The Impaler Legacy)…

The Impaler's Revenge (The Impaler Legacy)

by Ioana Visan

In this book, Romania remains the only 'fang-free' place in a world with vampires. But when a vampire is brought into the country for some secret political reasons, things start getting ugly...

While I appreciated the author's effort to spin a fresh tale of vampire lore and bring in several new ideas, I felt lost more than once. Especially at the beginning I had a hard time figuring out what the Little Council was all about and how Romania came to be the only vampire-free country - unfortunately, the book contains little to none background information, and only by bits and pieces was I able to make sense of what was going on.

Also, I could not understand what the great fuss was about when a vampire was brought into the country. Had the author explained the background of her vampire universe, the Little Council and Liana's (the girl who is to handle him) history with more detail, everything would have made better sense. Furthermore, Liana's whining and complaining tone got on my nerves. Dialogues seemed unoriginal most of the time and several twists felt constructed or thrown in at random.

I would definitely have gotten more out of this book if the author had taken her time building a solid background for her vampire universe and characters.

(I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review) ( )
  misspider | Jun 8, 2015 |
The plot was interesting and this was, in general, a relatively good book. This book had some zombie undertones (though not actual zombies; rather, in the sense of the evolution of a more animalistic species). It was definitely an interesting story and it definitely makes the reader want to read the next one just to see where it goes.

Note: received in Member Giveaway in exchange for an honest review ( )
  RCW | May 28, 2015 |
That's a new nice point of view about vampires. Surely an original one.
Liana is a bit of a clichè, Max only a little bit, Dr. Carver ist the character that feels "truer" .
The plot is a good new one. The reading was flowing and clear, makes the story more enjoyable.
I'd like the story to be more detailed, but for a short story I found it well developped.
Surely worth the reading. ( )
  lnrcta | May 2, 2015 |
I was given the opportunity to read this for free in exchange for an honest review from librarything.com.

I really liked this story, and the concept behind it. Very entertaining, and written very well. I cannot wait until I can read the rest of the series. ( )
  LoriHopkins | May 19, 2014 |
This will make you want to read more,due to the ending. The plot and story are good. I think if I read the rest of the stories, that I could make a better judgement on this. ( )
  HeatherBennett32 | Mar 24, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ioana Visan's book The Impaler's Revenge was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Ioana Visan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible