Fire Inside by Kristen Ashley

Fire Inside

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Chaos MC (2)

Unfortunately, this book was a little disappointing. The characters are well developed, but the main female character is a high maintenance, drama queen which makes her hard to like. It helps that the book is written in first person so we see her internal conversations helping us understand her motivations a little better. The main male character is pretty soft for a supposedly bad ass biker. Also, there really isn't any suspense until the epilogue. This is really just a normal contemporary romance that happens to take place in a motorcycle club. I really like Kristen Ashley's work, and this book isn't bad. It just left me feeling a little flat. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
We've met Lanie and Hop before. May not have thought highly of them when we first met them but you cant judge a person before knowing all the facts. I immediately liked them from the start of this book and that only increased as I finished the book.

I loved Lanie's reason's for choosing the men she did, even though the last one almost got her killed. She doesnt look for a man based on looks even though she is model gorgeous. She didnt give two flying figs that Hop was a biker, looked like a biker and acted like a biker. But she brought a lot of baggage into bed with her and Hop. Its always the parents mistakes that scar us for life even though we have a choice once as adults to bury those demons so they dont continue in the form of bad choices we make which Lanie didnt do and her bad choices ended up getting her best friend hurt.

Hop turned me right on from the start. And his insight into knowing Lanie had demon that had to be slayed was hot. He recognized it, didnt let her hide from it and was supportive through it all. I love finding out about each of these BA guys background to see what shaped them into the Alpha's they are. Hop was a good man through and through.

An interesting tid bit is this books timeline was happening at the exact same time as Own the Wind. LOVED IT.. Cant wait for the next one.

CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
4.5 Flames.

I am so mad because I think one of the hardest things I have ever done is give a Kristen Ashley Book less than 5 stars. Give me a minute and I will go into why I did something like this. It bothers me but, I had too and could have probably given it a little less if I wasn't such a Kristen Ashley Fangirl. (No, I do not follow, stalk, or anything else) I just love her writing and her style.

Now, what I did love... I loved Lanie, I loved Hop, I loved all the other characters.. (ELVIRA Needs a BOOK). I loved that Kristen Ashley brings all the other characters back to life so you sort of kind of find things about them throughout the books. I think that Lanie is an amazing woman who has been through the ringers. The sex was Great! I also could not connect with Lanie the way that I have other characters but, that was not truly a CON because I still loved her and I loved her story.

Now for the half of a star that is missing from this review. Where was the drama..the kidnapping..the something I was seriously upset that there was never a REAL event that took place and I felt like I was missing something throughout the book event the Pimp/Druglord.. Couldn't we know more.. Maybe just maybe that will be in the next book. Other than that I am truly a KA fangirl and loved me some Chaos. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I've been on a biker mission of late and having just finished Own the Wind I moved straight on to this. Was this one step to far.. no! Aww Hop she's so male yet so sweet I wanted to give him a hug but at the same time I wanted to hide because omg when he blows he blows lol!

At times I wanted to give Lanie a bit of a shake but you have to bear with her, she's not had it easy her family have issues, she was in love with a guy who had issues, she's in love with a guy that's causing her issues although on the latter she makes life difficult for herself by being secretive!

Hop has also had a bad experience with a woman, but he wants Lanie to take a chance on him like he will for her but she's reluctant so he guards his feelings which as usual causes all sorts of paranoia and the does he doesnt he care to keep running through Lanie's head. I think as a reader we all know exactly what Hop thinks about Lanie!

Read this is you like bikers, angst, over-protective male, argumentative female, kick ass best friends!

I've had to put my biker mission on hold because I need to savour Hop for a little while and consider his tache, tattoos and tucking in for a little while before I cheat on him with another biker! ( )
  VictoriaJ1707 | Jul 2, 2016 |
2 stars... it was just an okay read for me. Probably one of the most boring MC books I've ever read. 94% didn't have much going on accept them trying to figure out their relationship and what they meant to each other... It's also forming a pattern with Kristen Ashley books that I've read so far. There was the super-sexy alpha male that can have any woman he wants but can't speak a complete sentence(typical KA Hero). He chases after a woman that really does want him but is too afraid to act on it (typical KA heroine).

There was only a bit of club/outside action at the very, very end. Other than that, it was 352 pages of sex, talk, sleep, and argue repeated about 20 times. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

Lanie Heron isn't looking for love, so when she propositions Hop Kincaid, all she wants is one wild night with the hot-as-hell biker who patrols with the Chaos Motorcycle Club. For Hop, Lanie has always been untouchable--she's too polished and too classy for his taste--but when she gives Hop the once-over with her bedroom eyes and offers him a night in paradise, he can't say no.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,733,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible