Death's Servant by C. J. Ellisson

Death's Servant

by C. J. Ellisson

1. Death’s Servant: Adult Urban Fantasy, The V V Inn, Prequel Stories Book 1
• I was extremely impressed by how well the story was written. The detail was off the charts, the suspense a killer and the plot was very well thought out and intriguing. I can’t wait to read the next book! Jon has had enough of the pack that took him in after he was turned. Young and naïve, he leaves to find a new beginning. What he finds is adventure, courage, knowledge and the potential to finally start over. Great read! Recommended to all who love the supernatural. Copy gifted to me by the Publisher as a starter library and honest review.
  Stephanie.L.Herman | May 4, 2016 |
Prequel to the V V Inn series where Jon, a one-year turned Alpha werewolf meets and hooks up with a powerful vampire and her human husband in order to save a werewolf pack from a blood brothel.

I picked this up when it was offered for free not really realizing it was a prequel to a series—wasn’t paying a great deal of attention when I bought it—although it definitely felt like the set-up for one. Not having read the prior books my feelings for this story are going to be different than for readers who already have a vested interest in the characters.

To me, the story was just okay. I never felt a connection with Jon or his emotions with his drive to save this pack. To be fair that could possibly be because he only had an interest in one member of the pack and he felt it was the right thing to do, but I never felt it. I do have to say, though that I was impressed with the strong honor and ethics of the main characters.

I am intrigued enough to add the first book in the series to my Wish List. ( )
  dearheart | Jun 2, 2015 |
Loyalty- the Pack or a Deadly Vampire, that is the Question!

A long time ago, in a land far away from the frozen north, a young werewolf found himself on a journey fleeing the pack that took him in and sheltered him as he learned about his transform from ordinary mortal to alpha werewolf. This is the story about one of the favorite characters of the Vampire Vacation series. Vivian’s servant, Jon and how he came to be a part of Dria and Rafe’s life.

After leaving Romeo’s pack Jon met a beauty and fell head over heels in love. But treachery lurked, and Raine’s own trials and tribulations with her own pack pulled Jon into a situation where his youth and his budding alpha didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t go back to his old pack. He’d burned those bridges. He had to find someone that could help Raine and her pack.

C. J. Ellisson has woven a story that answers the questions that I’ve wondered about. How did a young southern werewolf end up being a servant to a vivacious, death dealing vampire that owns a resort in Alaska? What could a very happily married vampire do to earn an alpha werewolf’s supreme loyalty?

I honestly couldn’t put the book down. Death’s Servant was a quick read that works well as a stand-alone book. If you haven’t read Vampire Vacation, The Hunt, or The Big Game I’ll bet you’ll want to pick them up to see what happens next to Dria, Rafe and her loyal were, Jon. ( )
  KatrinaH | Apr 14, 2013 |

From NYT and USA Today Bestselling author, CJ ELLISSON – DEATH’S SERVANT –– Jonathan Winchester has clashed with his werewolf alpha one too many times. He returns to Virginia to find work and meets a young waitress, Raine. As their relationship progresses, Jon's embroiled in more intrigue than he bargained for and a danger bigger than he can handle.
Jonathan Winchester has clashed with his alpha one too many times. After another argument he leaves the Manitoba pack, his only home since the werewolf attack that changed his life. He returns to his home state of Virginia to start a new life free of pack politics. Jon finds work and meets a young waitress, Raine, who appears to be a lone werewolf, too.

As their relationship progresses, Jon’s embroiled in more intrigue than he bargained for and a danger bigger than he can handle. He's running scared until his own alpha tendencies surface, making him unable to leave the pretty werewolf’s problems behind. The young man is desperate to save Raine—even if his efforts may lead him straight to death.

Journey along in this first prequel novel involving the favorite characters from the bestselling V V Inn series. Written at reader demand, this stand-alone story explains how the beloved Jonathan came to serve the deadly redheaded vampire, Dria.

Warning: This book contains one sex scene and graphic violence and is not intended for readers under 17.

C. J. Ellisson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,738,536 books! | Top bar: Always visible