Red She-Hulk - Volume 1: Hell Hath No Fury…

Red She-Hulk - Volume 1: Hell Hath No Fury (Marvel Now)

by Jeff Parker

I have never been a reader of the Hulk books but I have always felt like I should give them a try. I had been looking for a She-Hulk book at one of the libraries in my library system when I saw this one. I was totally looking to read about Jennifer Walters and was surprised to see that it was Betty Ross instead who was Red She-Hulk.

I found the story really interesting. The whole world as super computer concept has been done before but I haven't seen it as a comic before and I found the interplay between her and MachineMan interesting. I also loved that computer was using Tesla as it's face. I am definitely curious to see where this goes. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Hell Hath No Fury is a pretty fun story. I haven't read anything that actually used Betty Ross before now, except I think she was in a Hulk comic I read for a few pages. This gives her a story of her own, one that doesn't revolve around Bruce Banner, and though I'm not fond of the way this plot talks about Bruce/Hulk (as becoming nothing more than a monster), her issues and her mission are pretty interesting. I don't think I've read anything using Aaron Stack/the android X-51 before, and he's pretty interesting too: an android more advanced than Ultron and the Vision.

Despite the fact that this is issues #58-62 of Red She-Hulk, it's easy enough to follow what's happening. There's a quick summary of who Betty is and how she Hulked out at the beginning, and the other mysteries explain themselves as you go along. Aaron is pretty self-explanatory, too. I think this works without reference to any other arcs and storylines, beyond the background knowledge about Betty Ross' relationship to Bruce Banner.

The Avengers also have their moment here; it's a little funny how Red She-Hulk can so easily defeat them; it's like Marvel making Betty more powerful than all of them combined, which I'm not entirely sure she's meant to be. Mind you, she's got the body of a Hulk and the mind of Betty Ross, so she's subtler than the original Hulk, more able to strategise. Anyway, the Avengers' appearance and banter is fun, and I like seeing Cap making the tough decisions with the data he has -- it's the wrong decision, but he can't know that. He just does the best he can. ( )
  shanaqui | Nov 23, 2014 |

The world's strongest female, Red She-Hulk, has a new mission - and she's dead set on a path of destruction! Her enemies? Every super-powered being in the Marvel Universe! Captain America has no choice but to hunt her down...but will the newly redesigned X-51 need to use lethal force against her? And even if he has to make that tough call...will it even be enough to take a fighting mad Red She-Hulk down!? A smashing new direction begins here!

COLLECTING: Red She -Hulk 58-62

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:27 -0400)

"Red She-Hulk finds herself outnumbered and outgunned when she wages a war against the world's super-humans, and her first target draws the attention of Captain America and Machine Man."--Back of cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,721,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible