Seducing Charlotte (Accidental Peers Book 1)…

Seducing Charlotte (Accidental Peers Book 1)

by Diana Quincy

Here’s the deal. Even though this is the first book in the series and the début for Ms. Quincy, if you want to read this series in order, you should read Willa’s story first, then Charlotte’s second and Bella’s story is the last in the series. For some reason ‘the men in suits’ that bought these stories, decided they should be published out-of-order. Don’t ask!

Okay, now that I got that out-of-the-way, let me tell you why I loved this story.

Charlotte. Charlotte. Charlotte.

I thought the characterization of this young woman was wonderful. She was such a mixture of innocence and maturity that you couldn’t help but like her. She’s much more than just a bluestocking. She’s passionate about her causes but also about life and people she loves. She doesn’t cower and when confronted, is terrible at lying and is more than capable standing up for herself and those that need her protection. The dialogue between Cam and Charlotte is intense, intelligent and intriguing.

Arthur Stanhope, Marquess of Camryn, [Willa’s cousin who inherited her father’s title] is one of those heroes we can’t help but love. He’s the oldest of four brothers; Sebastian, Basil and Will do make an appearance and all are interesting and mischievous in their own right.

Cam always knew he would inherit the title from his uncle and he was ready to take on that challenge and take on more by involving himself within the industries that have shaped the future of his country despite many oppositions in its and his path.

It was interesting watching this privileged man slowly reviling himself to Charlotte in small increments, so we would get the full impact of his character as she did.

I was also impressed by this author’s research and it shows as she introduces her audience to the history of manufacturing, and the masses that were affected by it, aristocracy as well as the common man.

If you’re looking for a well-written, well researched and interesting, entertaining and fun read, this is a must read.

*Melanie for b2b

*Book provided by the author ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
SEDUCING CHARLOTTE by Diane Quincy is an exciting Regency historical romance. "The Accidental Peers" series. Debut novel and what a debut. Quick,fun read that is fast paced and passion filled. Filled with industry,textile mills,secrets,and did I mention passion. Follow,Charlotte Livingston and Marquess of Camryn on a journey of passion,through England,as a rebellion begins against the Textile industry. With the textile machine breakers getting increasing violent,a secret Charlotte harbors could destroy not only their budding romance but their lives and that of their friends. A wonderful debut. I can hardly wait for the next installment in "The Accidental Peers". Ms. Quincy has written an intriguing plot with engaging characters. A must read for any historical romance readers.Received for an honest review from the publisher.

RATING: 4

HEAT RATING: MILD

REVIEWED BY: AprilR,(Review courtesy of My Book Addiction and More) ( )
  MyBookAddiction | May 13, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,113,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible