My Deliberate Mistake by Claire Svendsen

My Deliberate Mistake

by Claire Svendsen

112820,536 (5)None

Is this book about the supernatural or a damaged girls mind creating delusions and illusions? You'll have to be the judge of that. When Ana was eleven she crashed her moms car into a lake in an attempt to kill her sister Julia and had meant to die with her but fate intervened and she lived. Now she's a young adult trying to get away from her old life with it's old demons and start over but she needs a scholarship for college and plans on getting one through a summer art school in Florida but her past isn't so easy to leave behind and Julia refuses to stay behind or buried.

Throughout the story it's hard to tell what's up or down. Is Ana simply crazy? Is Julia real? Even when Julia seems to do things or influence others it's hard to tell if that's what's really happening or just the way Ana's mind perceives things? This book had so many twists and turns and once things begin to happen they happen fast. This book goes from mysterious to intense at the turn of a page. My Deliberate Mistake is a bit of a thriller, with some supernatural and romance all mixed up in an action packed mystery. It's sexy, fun and scary. Claire Svendsen somehow managed to make an art school even spookier than a insane asylum, grave yard and hospital all put together. This book is very well written, has a natural flow to it and each scene is stark and vivid without a single typo or error to be found. This is hands down a great book and I can't wait to read more from this author. ( )
  Jamiesbookblog | Feb 13, 2014 |
I've tried to read this book three times now. No go. If I had finished it, I would have rated it a 2.5 or a 3. As it is, I don't think I've read enough of this book to even write a proper review, so I'll keep it short.

It had a great beginning. Just a little creepy (unlike Mark, who is just a lot creepy). Very intriguing.

The sad thing is that Julia the dead sister was my favorite character. As the story went on I found it really forced, in a way. Is Ana crazy? Or is she haunted? I didn't care much because I was busy rolling my eyes at this 17-18 year old who sees the guy, decides she's in love with him, lets him do the nasty to her after barely exchanging a word... she has a crying fit when she sees him standing with another girl -- this is DAY TWO of their acquaintance... and we find out he sculpted her naked in the twenty-four hours of seeing her. I'm thinking WHAT A CREEP. She thinks it's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for her. Anyways, you get my point. Clearly Ana and I would never get along.

Better just to leave it alone, you know?

That being said, I did love what I've seen of writing. It's engaging and it sets the atmosphere just right.

*** Free copy of this book provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
  AriBookzilla | Sep 21, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,413,706 books! | Top bar: Always visible