Footprints of a Dancer (Detective Elliot…

Footprints of a Dancer (Detective Elliot Mystery)

by Bob Avey

313357,052 (4)None

I thought that this was a solid read. I enjoyed the supernatural elements and thought they made it a more unique mystery. I found Detective Elliot to be a likable character and he had a bit of mystery about himself that made me want to learn more about him. I would recommend this book to mystery lovers who also enjoy a bit of the supernatural. After reading Footprints of a Dancer I plan on reading the first in the series as well. ( )
  kellerdean | Nov 11, 2013 |
I have not read any of the previous books in this series but that does not seem to have a negative impact on this one. This book is an odd blend of mystery and paranormal activity. I liked it.

Detective Elliott of the Tulsa Police Department hears from an old college friend and things just get weird from there. Disappearances from as far back as the Depression, old Indian burial grounds and the Catholic church all get involved in this atmospheric mystery. We can really feel the confusion and disorientation of Elliott as he gets further and further into the story. We also see the growing relationship with his recently-discovered teenage son.

For some mystery fans, this will be too disjointed and have too much spirituality for their taste. For me, it was different enough from the usual mystery to keep me interested.

The ideas and imagination are there, the writing style is a bit stiff at times. I think this author can only get better as this series goes along and I look forward to reading more of this series.
  Mrsbaty | Jun 4, 2013 |
Detective Kenny Elliot got a call from an old friend from an old school that he had not seen in years. They arranged for a meeting that never took place.

Laura Bradford had been someone they knew who disappeared years ago. Why did Kenny think he saw her? There more he tried to find his old friend, the more strange things began to happen. Kenny does find his school friend, unfortunately, dead. The more he tries to discover what happened, the more unusual things emerge. The discovery of his body in some sort of ritual, only to disappear moments later. People from the past who seem to disappear and homeless people with a great fear. The more Kenny digs, the more he uncovers.

Loaded with suspense, a true detective thriller, with a touch of the paranormal and religion and a force from the dark side. Twists and turns along the way with a bit of romance added in. Plenty of characters to keep you interested. A definite page turner to the end. ( )
  sewolf0310 | Jan 31, 2013 |

Bob Avey is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,446,320 books! | Top bar: Always visible