Azure by Grant Palmquist

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed this book very much. It is scary to think that Azure could possibly happen in the future. People can be replaced with drones and cyborgs with the technology we have today. Tyranny in the United States is pretty far fetched but at this point, with Trump as president, anything is possible now a days. This is a good read, if you like stories about future governments and technology, this book is for you. ( )
  DragonxSong | Nov 15, 2016 |
I liked the concept for this book a lot, but I felt like it was rushed. I was interested from the beginning to learn more about Asher and his story, but as it went on I felt like his actions lacked motivation. There was a lot of dialogue, which I don't mind at all. I think there could have been more in between each person talking instead of it constantly going back and forth between the characters. Overall, I really did like the main character and the story behind Azure. I just didn't love how it was executed. ( )
  rosshab | Oct 8, 2016 |
The book for me started fast. Then it slowed down for a little bit. But once the pace picked back up the book read quickly. Then it was one of those books you don't want to put down. The ending was a surprise but I think fitting to the characters. It is how it should have ended. I can't say that about every book I've read. Really good book. I enjoyed it. ( )
  deemelody | Dec 6, 2014 |
This book gripped me from the start as I do love dystopian style thrillers! This book was like a cross between ‘Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?’ and ‘The Hunger Games’ as we were faced with an America set in the future where there are Androids and Azure is made up of Districts not States. Asher Cain was faced with a nightmarish reality where he realises that he is just a cog in the machine of Azure, where his life isn’t his own and he lives and works for the all-seeing, all controlling Government. Things pick up for him as he tries to break free and he meets Autumn and they face a fight for their lives as they try to escape the clutches of android William and the Government that are out to destroy them. The last few pages reduced me to tears as it becomes clear just what Asher would do for freedom. Spectacular ending. Top class writing. Top marks for Azure. ( )
  Bookworm1985 | Oct 30, 2014 |
Society is perfect, or at least that is what the citizens of [Azure] are told daily. What they see and experience tells them otherwise. This futuristic novel is a modern day version of [1984]. The government wants to retain control and power so badly they are willing to sacrifice everyone. [Grant Palmquist] creates a eerie prospect of the future. ( )
  MsHooker | Aug 19, 2014 |

Grant Palmquist is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,831,048 books! | Top bar: Always visible