Thought Shredder by Chris Elliott

by Chris Elliott

3None2,001,085NoneNone
Recently added byFranklinJeevitha, stpetersucc

No reviews
Discover the real you! For most of my life it was easy for me to say how much I hated my dad. What I didn’t realize was that those words and thoughts also pertained to me. If I hated him, I must also hate the part of me that is him. If I hate him I also hate me. It took a journey of identifying how much I really loved him before I could love me. I found my real purpose and my Authentic Self. It has been freeing and I can now overcome anything.

In June of 2006, my father passed away. I was 41 years old and had just lost my father. I hugged my wife seeking comfort for my loss. Then I realized I felt no loss. I held her tighter and longer; nothing. I hugged my children; still nothing. I finally realized that losing my father started when I was 5 years old. It started with that first slap across my face that caused my nose to bleed and it ended, or so I thought, with his death in a hospital bed in Arizona.

Between the ages of 5 and 41, I grew up physically and mentally, but was still immature emotionally. I spent many of those years haunted by the paranoia of becoming my father. I assumed that someday I would pass through some magical door or make some sort of anti-wish with a genie and wake up as my father. I questioned for years whether this similarity or that one meant I was becoming him.

I finally realized that I was him; and I was me. I am my father in some ways, I have to be. His genes are in me and I spent the first 11 years of my life with him. His behavior and his genetics are affecting me. I am 5’ 7” tall on a good day, have his green eyes, dark hair that is struggling to stay with me and have near-sightedness, just like he did. Physically I have taken on many of his traits without control over them. I just am part of him. Once I realized I was also part of him emotionally and behaviorally, I could then break through the paranoia of being him and allow myself to be me. I first had to realize that being me meant being him too.
added by stpetersucc | editamazon.com, Book Description (Mar 1, 2013)

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible