Wanderlust by Skye Warren

Wanderlust

by Skye Warren

This book definitely isn't for everyone, but it was what I need at the time that I read it. I really liked it. The male lead doesn't outright rape the female lead, but it's pretty much like he would if she would go along with it. This poor chick just can't catch a break anywhere, and actually being with him seems to be the perfect place for her.
Even when our mouths spoke lies and our hearts cried out, our bodies knew how to communicate with each other. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
This is a very well written story that I absolutely loved and enjoyed reading very much. I'll probably reread it at some point.

The story centers around Evie, who gets introduced in the first chapter. She meets Hunter under disturbing circumstances. The tale gets even more disturbing after that.

However, it is a fascinating tale the author tells us here, both from a narrative perspective (how will this end), as from a more philosophical perspective.

What I particularly liked in this novel is the exploration of the concept of choice. The interaction between Evie and Hunter starts out non-consensual, turns into dubious consent and ends up entirely consensual. In reading the story, the reader will see various instances with varying consent, choice and trust levels. All of the depictions of situations are believable, understandable, even if they are grim and gruelling depictions at times.

The author's scene sequencing and chosen focal points are excellent for the purpose of the tale. I liked the mile high sex scene - the way the author tricked us there, into thinking it was somebody else doing this with Evie. I also loved the way the happy ending is portrayed without frills.

Very well done!

Recommended! ( )
  Bluerabella | Jul 4, 2014 |
Overall, not a bad story. I enjoyed it. I like the Dark Erotica series more. It has more of suspenseful storyline to it. I also didn't think that this book was as dark as the Dark Erotica series either.

You really wanted to hate Hunter. He really is a bad guy. The things he does to Evie are wrong in every sense of the word. By the end of the book, I wanted to feel sorry for him and that made me mad. It doesn't matter what happened to him or what he used to be, he was still wrong. It also bothers me the way so many people turn their back on Evie when she honestly needs help, but they are scared to upset Hunter.

The other thing that bothers me, is that Evie gets handed a bad deal no matter where she turns. No wonder she decides she can't live without Hunter. How do you almost get raped by every group of men you run across. There is only one man that doesn't want sexual favors from Evie.
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |

Skye Warren is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,987,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible