Stranded with a Billionaire by Jessica Clare

Stranded with a Billionaire

by Jessica Clare

Ridiculously easy to read. My heart was won over by Brontë, the protagonist. She's incredibly relatable and down to earth without being annoying or patronizing. It was rather wonderful to like a heroine as much as I liked her. Can't really remember the last time that happened recently. As for the hero, Logan... half the time I thought he was a rude jerk and the other time I was ok with him. He's every bit an alpha which is fine but I just wasn't feeling him much or at all.

Whenever I encountered a sex scene (which are plenty), he didn't really do it for me so half the time I found myself skimming. Never a good sign. Maybe it was the writing style that I just didn't allow me to connect with him or maybe that I felt he had little depth. I dunno. Can't really put my finger on it.

Another thing that bugged me was that I didn't have a clear vision or description of neither hero nor heroine until after I had read 60% of the book. I realized it's a pet peeve for me.

Overall, it was ok. Might read the next book in the series though I am in no particular hurry to do so. ( )
  lapiccolina | Jun 23, 2017 |
This book started brilliantly, but about halfway through it things started falling apart and I started getting bored. But it was an overall good read with special note to the incredibly sexy sex scenes and the chemistry between Brontë and Logan was off the freaking charts. It had my interested spiked to continue the series. ( )
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |
Jill Myles (aka Jessica Clare) is just one of those authors I tend to read like candy. I may not love all of her books, but when I'm in the middle of one I just don't want to out it down.

This one was no different. I've wanted to read this series for a while, and figured now was a good time to jump in since I was coming off my [b:Queen of Blood|25750114|Queen of Blood|Jill Myles|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1434641920s/25750114.jpg|45592289] high.

I'm not going to claim that it was perfect, but I did like Bronte and Logan, although both were a bit of a mess when it came to their "big issue" with each other. The story covers a lot of ground, starting months before they meet, moving to the hurricane, then to Kansas City, then to NYC with Bronte living with him, then not living with him. Lots of ground to cover, and I thought it was all done well.

Although Logan probably should have pulled his head out of his ass sooner than he did. And I felt the trailing off of the storyline with his father should have been fleshed out a bit more.

But yeah, good start to the series and I'm excited to move on to Gretchen and Hunter next! ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
I think I would have read this in a day had I started earlier than 2:30. This is definitely a steamy beach read. Logan and Bronte meet during a hurricane at Seaturtle Island when they are stuck in an elevator and then stranded on the island as everyone else has been evacuated. He's a billionaire and she's a waitress and so begins their romance. I like that this wasn't a wham bang thank you ma'am and they are together. I like that Bronte has character and a backbone and wants to get to know Logan before truly giving away her heart. I like that Logan is man enough to realize that he shouldn't try to control Bronte and that he needs to win her heart. I really enjoyed this love story. It was fun. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
Summary
Bronte, was thrilled when she won a trip to a Bahama resort, but her luck turns when a hurricane comes in, and during the chaos she is stuck in a elevator with a man she believes to be the manager of the resort. After some time, they realize that no one is coming for them, and they must rescue themselves. They manage to get out of the elevator, and find the resort abandoned, both Bronte and Logan forgotten. They spend days together, and a connection forms, passion erupts and they spend those precious days together learning each other, but then Bronte learns when they are rescued who Logan really is, a Billionaire that became the resorts newest owner. And before Bronte realizes it she is thrown into a world that is so unknown to her, a world that she isn’t sure she can fit into to, but will the love Bronte and Logan have be enough to last?

The Hero
Logan, is a billionaire, and is part of a brotherhood that became close friends in college and they made a pact with each other. A pact that must remain secret at all costs. Logan, doesn’t know love or affection. All he knows is the greed of women, and how they just see him for his credit card and not as a real person. He has little faith in women until he meets Bronte who charms him with her knowledge of Plato and is so honest and genuine that he can’t resist her. What was truly fun about Logan as the hero, is that he is a man that wants something real in a relationship. You see how he needs it and isn’t afraid to admit it or when he is wrong. He is much deeper than a rich businessman, we see how much he needs love and a woman that will stand up to him.

The Heroine
Bronte, is a heroine that you just admire, and she sparks some interest in ancient history. Bronte has a degree in ancient history, but still works as a waitress because despite the horrid pay, she loves working with people. She is carefree and down to earth, and loves the simple things in life. What was most fun about Bronte as a character was seeing how she handles conflict and challenge. She is quite brave and she maintains her own identity when brought into Logan’s world of prestige and wealth.

Plot and Story Line
I have been hearing some great things about this series, so I decided to read the first book up, and boy did I love this story. It just kept me so interested and involved, and the authors writing is superb…I love the way she makes the reader fall in love with the story. I am not always a big fan of billionaire romances, they have to be done right, and despite my reservations, I fell for this story hard. I loved everything about it. From the island fling that Logan and Bronte have, to making love in a freezer, how Bronte wins over his friends, and the way she gets Logan to become humble…and even the signs of another love story that is in the next book. What was most fun about this story was seeing how Logan and Bronte flounded their way through a relationship, both side makes mistakes but I found that most endearing…seeing them make mistakes but still find a way to work as a team and make a future together. There was many aspects of their relationship that was easy to relate with in a very realistic way. From beginning to end, I found myself falling in love with this story…with its charm and poignant love story…its guaranteed to warm your heart.

The Cover
I honestly don’t know what I think about this one. In all honest I like it, I don’t mind a little bling-bling, but what my issue is how it relates with the story. I do prefer something that connects better with the story and characters. So as of right now I am undecided if I love it or not.

Overall View
Stranded With A Billionaire is a charming love story that shows how love tests us all in ways we don’t quite imagine. This is a love story that promotes passion and raw emotion, and learning to trust again. Heartwarming from beginning to end!! ( )
  addictofromance | Jun 8, 2015 |
For my sister
Who has always supported me in my writing
and been one of my biggest fans, and who said
this was her favorite book in the entire world
. . . until she read the second one.
Even though the bar was thumping with loud musing and the crowd was shoulder to shoulder, no one approached Logan Hawkings.

With a visit to a recent business acquisition--a private island resort in the Bahamas--billionaire Logan Hawkings has a chance to mend his recently broken heart. But a hurricane, a misplaced passport, and a stalled elevator lead to an encounter with an unusual woman. Bront?e Dawson is down-to-earth, incredibly sensual, and even quotes Plato. She also thinks Logan is simply the hotel's domineering yet sexy manager. And after several steamy island nights in his arms, Bront?e's ready to give her heart--and her body--to the man in charge. There's just more to Logan than he's told her... a billion times more.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,424,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible