Weasels by Elys Dolan

Weasels

by Elys Dolan

9328129,846 (4)2

I don't think this book would make an excellent read aloud due to the nature of the design page as the dialogue and commentary is all over each page. It is however a very fun book to read as these weasels are personified as engineers and scientists.
  bault | Aug 16, 2017 |
Help the Weasels fix their doomsday machine in order to finally take over the world! Follow these weasels around their laboratory as they try to figure out what is wrong with their precious machine.
  Lilly.Reid | Jul 28, 2017 |
This book was hilarious. I have not seen this book before, it was a brand new title for me. I loved it. It was very humorous. Weasels are an animal I feel that most people don’t know much about. This story begins by talking about what weasels do all day? Well, you wouldn’t expect that they would want to dominate the world. These coffee loving weasels get frustrated though because their plan to dominate the world gets foiled when the lights go out! They have to figure out what to do to get their world domination plan back on track.
  mkhazelton | Jun 30, 2017 |
The images in this picture book are very busy and a lot of fun to explore. There's all sorts of different characters to look at recognize from pop culture. The great part about this story is all of the details that one can look at and think about how the weasels plan to use them. A great story for demonstrating how much fun it can be to come up with ridiculous narratives about anything you want. I might follow this up by asking students to think of another animal and what they are really up to.
  williamlong33 | Jun 11, 2017 |
Summary:

Coffee addicted weasels need to fix their doomsday machine in order to take over the world!! Maybe it's just unplugged though...

Personal commentary / Reflection:

Awesome pictures! Read more like a comic book with individual text bubbles above various weasels. Huge and impressive pictures take over the pages- kids will love pouring over the pages looking at all the little details in every picture. Almost reminded me of the Where's Waldo books with the level of detail. Fantastic illustrations, cute plot, great book for 6 year olds and up I would guess, as the readability is slightly higher than I expected. ( )
  JeffBunte | May 9, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0857631993, Hardcover)

It's packed with cross-over humour to amuse kids and big kids too. The art is stylish yet accessible and full of details for poring over time and time again - there's always a new joke to find! And there are machines and maps and even a laboratory ...oh, and lots of lots of weasels.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:02 -0400)

When a group of weasels plot to take over the world, they encounter some technical difficulties.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,443,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible