Bound in Death (Bound, #5) by Cynthia Eden

Bound in Death (Bound, #5)

by Cynthia Eden

Bound in Death is about a forbidden romance between a vampire and werewolf where Keira offered herself as punishment to save the life of her love, Alerac, from being killed. Due to her disobedience, she was sent off to some other part of the world and imprisoned in a box for 200 years until she was freed without a memory. When Alerac realized that he had lost his mate, he spent the rest of the two hundred years searching for her even if he have to leave trails of bodies everywhere to find her.

As far as paranormal romance goes, Bound in Death kinda fit into my kind of books I like to read. Despite the female protagonist began as a Mary Sue, she began to learn more about herself, her old life, what happened to her and who her enemies is that she emerged as a quite well rounded character. Alerac on the other hand, two hundred years is a long time to be faithful to a missing girl. Got to say, that kinda tops everything. And the conflict is really good, someone betrayed, trust cautiously gained, rebuilding love from ashes, sacrifices and etc.

For a moderately short novel, it does seem ambitious but for a light reading it does even more than that. I didn't even bother to read the whole series but I was able to enjoy it as it is. Besides, its always fun mixing vampire and werewolf romance together.
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
Bound by Blood was the first book that I have read by Eden, and I found that I really enjoyed it. The book begins with action, and the suspense/thrills never let up. Alerac was trying to bring down a group of vampires when he fell in love with one, Keira. To save his life, Kiera takes his punishment meaning two hundred years apart. However with a love that endures, Alerac gets a second chance to win back his lady love, Jane, who has awoken with no memory of her past. With a host of baddies trying to keep them apart, Alerac and Jane rediscover their love. Eden does a great job at developing these characters especially Kiera/Jane. The reader gets to see these two strong characters morph into a combination of the two as Jane reconciles her past with who she is today. I loved how Eden allows Jane and the reader get to slowly learn who Kiera was and how that personality blends with who Jane is now. Kiera's love for Alerac and her brother remain just as strong as it was when we first meet her at the beginning of the book. I also liked how Eden developed Alerac as the reader and Jane gets to know him. The overall story was well done and keeps the reader turning the pages. Bound in Death was a great read that I would most definitely recommend if you like action, mystery, suspense and some paranormal with your romance. ( )
  Sable677 | May 30, 2013 |
First published here: http://www.bookbetch.com/bound-in-death/
I have to say, I really love the idea behind this series. And not only that, but Eden has crafted her own type of wolves and vampires, and I loved all the intricate detail that was involved with this. If you can’t tell from the description, Keira sacrifices herself for Alerac, and is sentenced to endure torture, and then ultimately have all of her memories erased. While I loved Alerac, and that the bond was still so explosive between them, I didn’t like that Keira was so invested in her new identity as “Jane.” It just bothered me that instead of seeking the person she used to be, she wanted to project her new self as Jane, who really was kind of a boring everyday person who let others take advantage of her pretty easily. But other than that, I truly enjoyed this whole story. I couldn’t put it down. Every page seemed to hold a new revelation. The sexy time, although there could have been more, and amped up, was decent. Overall it was a great story and I would absolutely recommend it to fans of paranormal. Cynthia Eden is a self-published author who seems to have garnered a great deal of success for her, and it’s obviously a measure of her talent as a writer as well. This is a series I will get into, and an author I will continue to watch.

Vamps and Wolves… who could resist? ( )
  BookBetch | Apr 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,386,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible