The Runaway Queen by Cassandra Clare

English (5)  Italian (1)  All (6)
Not nearly enough Magnus wit and humour for my liking. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
My thoughts on the audio:
George Blagden is the narrator for The Runaway Queen. You might remember him from the 2012 film adaptation of Les Miserables. He played Grantaire in the film. Blagden now lends his voice to the second installment of The Bane Chronicles. He has a pleasant easygoing voice. I have absolutely no complaints here. He wasn't the best I've ever come across, but he was better than average. I would definitely like to hear him narrate more books.

My thoughts on the book:
Magnus Bane is smack dab in the middle of the French Revolution. He's recruited by an attractive count to help rescue Marie Antoinette from the horrors that await her. Bane can't refuse, so he plans an escape. Only to be thwarted by angry mobs, vampires, and possibly a hot air balloon.
I am becoming a huge fan of Bane's. I love his flippant and flamboyant attitude He's absolutely charming. I love how Clare gives the readers a glimpse into Bane's soul. I'm a huge history lover, so I especially love this 'take' on the French Revolution. If you've not read the previous story, don't worry. These are stand alone stories that are a quick and fun read!
Read more at http://www.2readornot2read.com/2013/11/audio-book-review-runaway-queen-by.html#R... ( )
  mt256 | Nov 16, 2013 |
Yet another great read from Cassandra Clare! Not as in depth as her other works but still as delectable. Oh, and Magnes Bane still one of my favorite characters! ( )
  marandaray | Sep 20, 2013 |
Disappointed. As much as I love Magnus... I am expecting MORE to this Bane Chronicles. But as of now, it keeps getting my hopes up. And I still want to think that on the nezt one, there'll be SOMETHING. Something that is worth knowing, fun to read, so Magnus that I just want to keep on reading the book forever.

I mostly scan the first part, the description over boring stuffs. I mean, the place is Paris, it's supposed to be a fun place but when I was reading it, I was bored by all the descriptions. I just want the lines and the real story behind this book.

Marie Antoinette is surprisingly... a weak character. lol. Literally. Figuratively, whatever. Anyway, please... please... make it worth my time and reading the next installment, next month! PLEASE! I know Magnus is worth it, but the story is not really THAT engaging. I feel like something is wrong there. >:( ( )
  lexiechan | Sep 10, 2013 |
Gah. And then GoodReads ate my review for this one after I wrote it up. Lets see if I can do a fast split out on it all again.

Installment two! We are now out of Peru and into Paris. We engage politics with both Downworlders and with crossing into the French Revolution (as a lot of this has to do with, as the title says, "The Runaway Queen," of whom we're speaking of it's not too hard to guess then). I loved that in this one we got more into intruige and magic, into the political lines of who can do what, when, with who, and why, especially under what rulers, at what "seen" and "unseen" levels of society.

More to come with more stories! ( )
  wanderlustlover | Jul 24, 2013 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Johnson, MaureenAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnson, Maureenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
There was a smell to Paris in the summer mornings that Magnus enjoyed.

A short story about Magnus Bane, an immortal warlock in The Mortal Instruments series. The second story in a new series of ten e-only short stories about fan-favorite Magnus Bane, who features prominently The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, which will begin in April 2013 and conclude in January 2014.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,143,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible