Double Click by Lisa Becker

Double Click

by Lisa Becker

104880,191 (4)1
Kindle (1) lendable (1) m-f (1) otr (1) own-to-read (1)

Double Click by Lisa Becker

Six months later we get to see what is happening with Renee, Shelley, Ashley, Mark and Ethan. Does Mark ever go on a date, will Shelley ever find love, how is Ashley doing good in her new relationship? And how are things between Renee and Ethan?

There is a wedding, new baby, a marriage proposal and an unexpected love interest. The story continues perfectly answering some questions and watching new life events unfold. The lovable characters are back, along with many laugh out loud moments, along with some embarrassing ones as well.

Well written in email format, which I really enjoy (very original). I like the way the story flows through emails among the friends in private and group emails.

I recommend Double Click and book one in the series Click: An Online Love Story to those who love a great, fun story with many laugh out loud moments, juicy gossip, and shocking surprises. I look forward to reading book three Right click. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
Review originally published on my blog: AWordsWorth.blogspot.com
eARC provided by author for review

Remember the crazy adventures of Renee and her friends, told through emails (yay for modern epistolary novels!), in Click? Well, Becker has picked up where she left off and continues the saga. The drama. The mysteries. The surprises!

All our familiar character friends have returned, with a new addition (or two) to keep things interesting. Renee is still the peacemaker/center of this zany circle, and I really enjoy her as a character. Ashley and Shelley continue their barbed camaraderie and Mark seems to have met The One. But underneath and interwoven with all the friendly chatter (or catty gossip) that is exchanged virtually during work days and late nights, there are separate lives taking place. Moreso than in Click (to me, anyway), we get a better sense of the characters as individuals. They have ups and downs and secrets (oh, the secrets!) and even though it's obvious they're a super close-knit circle of friends, they're not together 24/7. And it's okay. It's healthy. Life is a personal adventure, and while our friends share it, they can't live our life and their own. (I apologize for that philosophical interjection in the review of a delightful fun read, but it seemed right, teehee).

A fun, quick read and a great follow up to Click, tying up loose ends and carrying the story forward. I did get slightly confused at points keeping up with who was emailing whom about what, but it's possibly a result of reading while slightly distracted at times (and it was never too hard to get my brain straight again). ( )
  RivkaBelle | Dec 3, 2013 |
Double Click is the sequel to Click: An Online Love Story. These two books are told through a series of emails between four characters: Ashley, Renee, Shelley and Mark. However in this book a few names have been added to the email list as the characters embark on new relationships. I really liked the first book, but this book didn't quite measure up. For example, the beginning of the book starts out with a wedding, and I was confused as to who exactly was getting married. At first I thought it was Renee. After how the last book ended, I thought it was possible. It took a couple of pages before I realized it was Ashley who was getting married. It was a little confusing to say the least. However there are some positive and negative developments that happen in this book. Mark finally meets a woman who he really likes, but the gang isn't too keen on her. Renee and Ethan are having relationship troubles due to Ethan working all the time. Lots of relationship drama.
Although I didn't like this book as much as Click, I still thought it was good. It almost reads as if you'd been bcc'd and are reading emails that you shouldn't be. Some of the emails are funny while some are boring. However, overall, the story is entertaining. I would recommend reading Click first otherwise some things will be lost on the reader.
Read more at http://www.2readornot2read.com/2013/07/review-double-click.html#uy8IzgGIVW5cqPAd... ( )
  mt256 | Aug 5, 2013 |
This group of close knit friends is still together, only looking to perhaps "grow up" and settle down in life now. Renee has found Ethan, Ashley just got married to Greg and is having a baby, Mark has found Cass, and even Shelley is showing signs that maybe her "getting around" days could be lessening. They still all face their own struggles in life, but that is what they have each other for...support through it all. Starting to read this book I couldn't help but wonder (as carry over from the first book): Will Ethan and Renee ever get engaged and married? Will Mark really find someone that is willing to look past his OCD personality? Will Shelley ever stop her sexual adventures and try to find a steady man in her life or will she always just go bed to bed? The friends see a lot happen in this book and go through many emotions from laughing until they cry to bawling their eyes out because of sadness (as does the reader).

I absolutely loved the first book of this series and was not disappointed in any way by this one! I think it's because it is a different way of writing a book, that just makes it so great to me. Being all in email form just adds something to this book that I can't explain. It makes it more real I think to the reader, as in today's day and age email is the "new" way of communicating with others all the time and staying in touch. The continuation of the first book is very apparent in this book, which for me made it all the better. I felt the characters grew more and as a reader I now am seeing them go through the next stages in their lives. They are growing from the single friends into the settling down, or trying to settle down, friends. This book is so easy to relate to. It shows how anyone starts out as friends from younger stages of life and they stick together and by one another through thick and thin and grow together. As a reader, I could relate to this. I saw the characters in my own friends and me and how we have grown since we met and morphed into new "grown ups" in life. The writing is great, the flow is amazing, and the characters are unforgettable! This is a quick and easy read, but one that will stick with you and make you think of your own friends and life. I really hope Becker continues this series on so I can see where life takes this great group of friends next!

5/5 Stars!

Received free via author for honest review. ( )
  AngiesAngels | Apr 23, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,168,500 books! | Top bar: Always visible