Below

Below

by Ryan Lockwood (Author)

I received this book for free a while ago and was happy to finally get to read it. I absolutely loved this book! It's about a Humboldt squid(s) attacking and eating people. It's scary because it could actually happen.

For the rest of the review, visit my blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/123061.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Mar 4, 2017 |
WOW!!! What an amazing book! Lockwood lures you in from the first page and keeps reeling till there's no escape. I highly recommend this title to fans of books like Jaws, Jurassic Park, and Fragment. ( )
  TBones | Mar 22, 2014 |
"Below" is competently written, but just not very interesting. The characters are capable, but utterly forgettable. There's an attempt at emotion, but it's simplistic...not unlike the plot.

I wanted monsters, and got insane squid. ( )
1 vote JGolomb | Dec 15, 2013 |
Loved it! I happened to finish this book during "Shark Week," I may never get in the ocean again! And I don't want to spoil the ending, but the book definitely reaches a point where you can't put it down, and there are several points where you are keeping your fingers crossed for the crews of the Maria and Centaur. ( )
  Lschwarzman | Aug 11, 2013 |
I was very surprised at how good this book was and what a fun read it was. I only wish I had been on a beach vacation. The story is not too preachy about how man has wrecked the oceans, and while the back cover led me to believe the "sea monsters" in question might be some made up hybrid, it turns out they weren't. A great summer book from a promising new author ( )
  zmagic69 | Aug 9, 2013 |

No primary authorprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, RyanAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For April, who always believed in my potential. Thanks for making me buy that book in Seattle.
The water was deep.

IN THE BESTSELLING TRADITION OF JAWS,
FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE SEA COMES
A NEW KIND OF TERROR.
In all his years as a professional diver, Will Sturman has never encountered a killing machine more ferocious than the great white shark or as deadly as the piranha. Now, off the coast of California, something is rising from the deep--and multiplying. Voracious, unstoppable, and migrating north, an ungodly life form trailed by a gruesome wake of corpses. With the help of the brilliant and beautiful oceanographer Valerie Martell, Will finds himself in a race against time to stop the slaughter--by a predator capable of devastating the world's oceans.

PRAY IT KILLS YOU QUICKLY.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786032871, Mass Market Paperback)

In all his years as a professional diver, Will Sturman has never encountered a killing machine more ferocious than the great white shark or as deadly as the piranha. Now, off the coast of California, something is rising from the deep - and multiplying. Voracious, unstoppable, and migrating north, an ungodly life form trailed by a gruesome wake of corpses. With the help of the brilliant and beautiful oceanographer Valerie Martell, Will finds himself in a race against time to stop the slaughter-by a predator capable of devastating the world's oceans.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:29 -0400)

Professional diver Will Sturman and brilliant and beautiful oceanographer Valerie Martell must stop a school of voracious sea creatures before they devastate the world's oceans.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

's book Below was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,755,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible