Miracles in Disguise (The Trampled Rose…

Miracles in Disguise (The Trampled Rose Series)

by Michelle Lynn Brown

Miracles In Disguise

What happens when we run from one life, all the while telling ourselves that it's just a new beginning? What happens when we close our hearts and minds to painful memories before we allow God to heal us? What happens when we turn our backs on what God is doing in our lives because of guilt and fear?

Whoa right there! I don't do that! Yes, I said the same thing, but we all have at one time or another in our lives. I don't usually read fiction, or I haven't read it in a long time, because reading fiction usually means delving into a dream world, but something about this book pulled me in. Maybe it was the storyline and the fact that I have also dealt with many of the situations faced by the main character Kristina. Or maybe God used Kristina to open my eyes to some trust issues in my own life. But for whatever reason, "Miracles In Disguise" is definitely a book God will use for His glory in the lives of many readers. This initial novel in Michelle Brown's "Trampled Rose Series" is outstanding and is full of God sightings. It makes me hungry for more!

One of the things I loved about "Miracles In Disguise" was that I could feel the relationship of the author and God. Many times I read a book and have to go back and google the author to find out about them. Not after reading this book! After finishing, I knew so much about Brown and her relationship with God, that I wanted to read more of her writings. Brown's belief in God is written all over the pages of "Miracles In Disguise". This book is listed as fiction, but it is so much more!

"Miracles In Disguise" has not only a great storyline, but outstanding characters, even down to a dog named David and a dead man that won't seem to go away. It's a simple book, with few characters, and not a lot of dribble. I loved that! Many books take you in so many directions that it's hard to know where you started, but Brown's book "Miracles In Disguise" takes you one way and that's in the direction of God.

What happens when we place our total trust in God, giving Him all our fears, guilt, past and future, allowing Him to fight our battles for us? For the answer, read this outstanding book, and follow Kristina's journey of fear, hope, faith and a trust that will heal everything!!

Beth McKamy

*I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  BethMcKamy | May 22, 2013 |

What do you do when the pain of your past leaves you feeling so unworthy, that any hope of a future crumbles right before your eyes?

Since Kristina Talbot can remember, she’s tried to earn the love of men in her life, only to be hurt in the process. On the heels of her abusive husband’s death, Kristina Talbot leaves New York and heads to New Mexico to try and get her life headed down a new road – one that doesn't include a man.

Even before she reaches her destination, Nathan McKinley sets up a roadblock to her plan. His charming and gentle personality is no match for her love-starved heart. And when Nathan shows her God in a new light, and how to place her trust in Him and not her circumstances, she begins to hope…

When Kristina’s past collides with her present, and tragedy strikes close to Kristina’s heart, her fears and distrust come flooding back, threatening to sweep away her newfound hope. Can Nathan help her hold on to her new relationship with God, or will she allow her dark and troubled past to pluck out the tiny bud of hope that is beginning to blossom within her heart?

Michelle Lynn Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,431,889 books! | Top bar: Always visible