Bedrock by Britney King

Bedrock

by Britney King

Addison Greyer is trapped in a torture cellar. What happened? You'll find out the context of this opening chapter later in Bedrock, a novel by Britney King. Rather than staying faithful as a wife, motherhood asking to raise three children, and the natural desire to get to work again, Addison is trapped in more than one way. Her affair with William, not only a beautiful man but rich and famous too, is difficult to refrain from. He not only provides work and sex but turns out to be demanding and vulnerable too.

Patrick, Addison's husband, is adulterous as well. Pretending to be required to move to China for a full year assignment, How long can these characters live up to their self-made facades? Tension is built up, attraction and denial interwoven into this adult novel, where various acts of sex are mentioned, but not detailed. It's all about choices and consequences. As sequels to Bedrock, the author penned Breaking Bedrock and Beyond Bedrock. ( )
  hjvanderklis | Nov 27, 2016 |
This is about Addison Greyer who is married with 3 kids. She is bored and doesn't want to be a stay at home mom. Her husband suddenly says he has to work in China for a year and leaves her alone with the kids. She gets stuck in an elevator on the way to an interview and has sex with the handsome guy in the elevator. She accepts the job and starts a love affair with the stranger who turns out to be a billionaire. Several major things happen in this book. I think Britney is a good writer but I found there wasn't too much depth to the characters and the book was really short so you didn't get invested in the characters like I like to get invested. I like to hang onto characters after I'm done with a book and I didn't have that connection. It was fast paced but I felt there wasn't too much substance to support the storyline. It was entertaining and a good quick beach read.

I read this one because I won book 2 and as I started reading it I realized I needed some background as to why things were happening. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 12, 2016 |

MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
This book had such potential but fell short. Too many under developed ideas. Maybe if the story was longer it would have helped...Very disappointing...:( ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
Britney Kings debut Novel Bedrock is a tantalizing and heart felt story about a mother who's perfectly build world changes in an instant. This book is bubbling with love, uncertainty, secrets and scandals. If you were a fifty Shades of Grey fan, you will Love Bedrock

I loved how this book started out giving you a preview of what was to come. I did however feel the first couple chapters were a little slow but once you I got past those couple of chapters I couldn't put the book down. Kings writing had me feeling right along with Addison, all the hurt and happiness that she felt. Addison is a strong women who has been dealt a rough hand. When she meets Patrick she knows this is the man she is going to marry. Patrick and Addison's relationship at the start is pretty rocky with the disapproval of his parents but after a little separation they find each other again and don't let go. When they start to build their family things will never be the same. The feelings that Addison projects turing this time in the book is a great representation of how some mothers can feel. No matter how much you love your family sometimes it can a be a bit much and you need an escape, working is Addison's. Things go down hill when Patrick isn't on the same page, he may seem like the perfect husband from the outside but as time goes on he has become self absorbed and distant. Then everything gets turned up a notch once Addison goes starts interviewing. This is where I pick up another book boyfriend named William Hartman. The billion dollar man of the book with a few secrets of his own. From this point on the book gets pretty steamy. Every character in this book gets a voice and it lets us explore more then just Addison's world. This was great for the book and kept me entertained every page. How does one keep together a failing marriage thousand miles away together, be a mom, a great employee, a mistress, a domanatrix and not feel a little overwhelmed. Add on top of that someone is out to kill her just to prove a point. Yeah I think this book has all the right points to make this a great read for anyone into something a little more then the normal romance.

I would recommend this book to those who enjoyed Fifty Shades of Grey and the like. I received my copy for my honest review. ( )
  Hbeck | Aug 19, 2014 |

Britney King is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,957,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible