Lachlan's Bride by Kathleen Harrington

Love at first sight. Or is it? Lady Francine believes in myths and legends and with that in mind she believes laird Kinrath a sorcerer. Are her growing feelings for him real? Or are they a type of spell. Lachlans weaving quite a spell over Francine, but one of seduction and protection. He loves her like he's loved no other and he's unwilling to let her go. Despite the attempted murder of Francine and her daughter, and one stubborn, lovesick, and misguided noble, their love blossoms and solidifies as their journey to Scotland comes to an end. Lachlan would do anything for Francine and her daughter, proving it over and over in this beautifully written book.

All the characters in this book are well rounded and work well within this novel. This book weaves a spell of devotion and love. That is, if you believe in that sort of thing. I do. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
LACHLAN'S BRIDE by Kathleen Harrington is an exciting Scottish Medieval Historical Romance set in 1496- 1503 England and Scotland.#2 in the "Highland Laird's Trilogy",but can be read as a stand alone. What a wonderful story of trust,danger,secrets,passion and the power of finding love in the midst of turmoil. Join, Lachlan MacRath, Laird, privateer,King James of Scotland's emissary,some call him a Sorceror for the Seas,and a fierce Highland Warrior,and Lady Francine Walsingham,widow,mother,English Countess,with a deep dark secret. As they battle their attraction, Lady Francine is standoffish,beautiful and devoted to her King and her small daughter. Who doesn't love a small feisty child in a love story? But not only do they have to fight their attraction,but fight a treacherous plot to kill Lady Francine and her child in an attempt to disrupt the treaty between England and Scotland. Laird Lachlan has been selected to get Lady Francine and her entourage to Scotland safely,he also wants her in his bed. With danger,all around them,passion abounds,secrets are revealed,and love blossoms. A powerful story from beginning to the last page. Absolutely loved "Lachlan's Bride"! I can hardly wait to read the next installment in this fast paced, adventure filled love story of a Scottish Laird and his English Countess. Well written with engaging,charismatic characters and a plot to die for, or as I did, love. Well done! Highly recommend for any reader who enjoys Highland Warriors, romance, suspense,a bit of mystery, and secrets as well as passion. Received for an honest review from the publisher and Edelweiss.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING: HOT

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, Review courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Aug 10, 2013 |
Lachlan's Bride is the second in the series, and this book took a while in the making from the first book. I haven't read anything from this author until now. I received this ARC from Edelweiss and Avon for a honest review. The one thing I had the hardest about reading this book, I think was the flow. Its the kind of read that is a comfortable read, but the first half of the book I had a hard time getting into. But I just knew I had to keep up with it, that I would enjoy it. Once I reached the second half of the book, I breathed a sigh of relief as I finally started to really enjoy it and was able to get into it fully. I definitely skimmed a bit in the first half unfortunately, but toward the end I started to enjoy it. I found the story to have a strong plot with enough mystery and action and sensuality to satisfy your senses. The characters were well acclimated into the story, but Francine was my least favorite. Throughout the story there is so much focus with her believing that Lachlan is some kind of sorcerer. She is very supersiticious and I found it to be a bit distracting at times. I found Lachlan to be ever patient with her, plus being one super sexy hero that I wouldn't mind having at my side. One of the aspects I enjoyed about this book is the time and place this story takes place. We see the type of culture and what they had to amuse themselves. I enjoyed seeing how this author put together the story with a variety of aspects that made for a likeable read. Even though it wasn't my favorite read, I did somewhat like it, and have good things about her other books, so I do plan on reading her other books. ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 20, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062226347, Mass Market Paperback)

He is Lachlan MacRath, laird and pirate. And he intends to be her lover . . .

Lady Francine Walsingham cannot believe this warrior is to be her escort into Scotland. It is whispered that Lachlan MacRath has magical powers . . . how else do you explain his success as a pirate? But trust him she must, for a treacherous plot is about to reveal all her secrets . . . and Francine has no choice but to act as his lover to keep her enemies at bay.

When Lachlan first sees Francine, the blonde beauty stirs his blood like no woman ever before. As luck would have it, they must now play the besotted couple so he can protect her . . . and Lachlan is determined to use all his seductive prowess to properly woo her into his bed.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:16 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,747,636 books! | Top bar: Always visible