Her Sister (Search For Love) (Volume 7) by…

Her Sister (Search For Love) (Volume 7)

by Karen Rose Smith

611,268,033 (4)None

Her Sister by Karen Rose Smith is a 2013 publication.

Wow! I don’t know what I was expecting when I started this book, but I never imagined it would be this emotional.

Max, Amanda, Lynnie, and Clare were an adorable family until out of the blue, Lynnie is kidnapped…

Now, as an adult, Clare still blames herself for the kidnapping, thinking it was her job to take care of her sister. At seventeen Clare became an unwed mother and raised her daughter, Shara alone. Her parents are divorced now and the chasm between them on an emotional level has only deepened over time.

But a series of events will awaken them from their slumber, and cause them all to take a good long look at their lives.

When a lead opens up that gives Max and Amanda hope they may finally be reunited with Lynnie, they are cautiously optimistic, But, just as this shocking news begins to sink in, Shara disappears amid a spate of mother/daughter tug of war matches. It is presumed she has run away, but Clare fears it’s like Lynnie all over again. Will Lynnie finally reappear into their lives? Will they find Shara before it’s too late?

This story packs a powerful punch, opening up several avenues of thought. I can’t imagine losing a child the way Max and Amanda did, but how they coped with that loss shut Clare out of their lives, collectively and individually. Clare acted out as a result, made mistakes, and lived with the consequences. But, it looks like history may repeat itself with her own daughter, which brings out a flood of emotions in Clare, causing her to really come down hard on herself.

With online predators running rampant on the internet, the threats parents face today are terrifying. The scenario described here is so realistic and plausible it will give you nightmares if you think about it too hard. I could relate to poor Clare, trying to protect her daughter, not knowing how far to go with the boundaries, or how to snap her to attention before she made a mess of her life.

However, Shara’s disappearing act opens a dam that has been in place for many years, giving Clare the nerve to confront her parents, letting them know they had more or less tossed her aside after her sister’s kidnapping. It also brought a few shocking confessions from Shara, and from Amanda, but the person who stoically took every blow dealt to him, was Max, and his breakthrough had me swallowing a huge lump in my throat.

Each character in this story was so human, with flaws and regrets, but the love they have for each other is still there, they just have to rekindle it. It’s never too late to make a fresh start, to make peace with yourself and others, so now with old ghost exorcised, and new challenges ahead, Clare may be able to accept her new love interest with open arms, while the entire family is on a new path which will lead to forgiveness, healing, and hope.

I am really looking forward to the sequel to this book- “The Wedding Promise” ( )
  gpangel | Apr 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,260,956 books! | Top bar: Always visible