The Duke's Undoing by G. G. Vandagriff

I was a First Reads lucky winner! I received a free copy of The Duke's Undoing: A Regency Romance in the mail and I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

If you have read Heather Moore's review, she has already said everything that I want to say about the book.

I don't usually read romances except for regencies. I love the rules that regency romances follow, the conventions of that time period and even the clothes and architecture. I looked at some of the other reviews and someone mentioned that the author left loose ends. While this is problematic in a mystery, I feel that it is OK in a regency that I enjoyed because it means that the author is setting up for a sequel. In each case of what someone might call a loose end, I see another book. Since I like Elise well enough and I am crazy about the Duke of Ruisdell, I would be happy to see a sequel. Or two.

1. A book where Elise and the Duke work out their differences with his aunt and younger brother. Maybe the aunt needs a husband...

2. A book where the Duke returns to London to take his seat in the house of Lords and his buxom ex, Marianne, stirs up trouble and tries to break them up.

3. A book with Elise playing matchmaker to find a wife for the Duke's best friend, the Marquis of Somerset. Note: Robert Sean Leonard played the Marquis in the movie in my head.

4. A prequel about Aunt Clarice and Sukey when they were younger. I bet Aunt Clarice was a pip!

5. A book where Elise plays matchmaker to find a husband for her friend Violet.

6. A book where Elise's first fiance, Joshua, returns as a ghostly presence kind of like [b:Aunt Dimity and the Duke|511263|Aunt Dimity and the Duke (Aunt Dimity Series #2)|Nancy Atherton|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1256026239s/511263.jpg|758509]. ( )
  R0BIN | Apr 27, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,363,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible