How Would You Fight A Lion? by Jasmine…

How Would You Fight A Lion?

by Jasmine Schwartz

222,551,640 (2.5)None
Recently added bycharlottejones952, Judiex

I found the writing interesting and the plot was intriguing and really drew me in, however, I found that it ended just as it started getting more involved. Sadly, I was disappointed with the ending. ( )
  charlottejones952 | Sep 2, 2013 |
I’m not sure what genre HOW WOULD YOU FIGHT A LION? is supposed to be. It’s too long for flash fiction and but doesn’t have enough meat to make a short story or novella.
Melissa Morris is the executive assistant of a very nasty boss who is interviewing people for a position in his company. His main tool seems to be intimidation. Melissa hasn’t worked there very long but desperately needs the job since her financial situation is getting very bad. She refers to previous jobs and incidents in her past without giving enough information for the reader to really understand the connection.
One day she received a note stating that her boss was a murderer. She tries to find out who sent it and why. Most of the action is related to this.
The story paints a picture of the plight of the unemployed. It would have helped to have more information about how that happened and what plans she has to move on. The last sentence does that in a limited way.
I found Jasmine Schwartz’s writing satisfying. One sentence hints at her potential: Referring to the interior of a tapas bar she wrote, “It was so dimly lit inside that everyone appeared to be painted gold.” It paints an original picture.
I guess I’d have to read a complete novel about her to get a better picture of who she is
This book was a free Amazon download. ( )
  Judiex | Apr 18, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,987,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible