Damaged and the Beast by Bijou Hunter

Damaged and the Beast

by Bijou Hunter

382298,882 (4)1

Loved Cooper, Tawney and Bailey(even her bitchy ways). I just could not handle Farah and her tears. The entire book takes place in Farah's head and this girl has issues. Cooper is sexy, smart, rich and the Prince of the local biker gang/crime family. He somehow falls head over heels in love with Farah who can't get out of her own way to let this guy love her. Cooper is not perfect. He's pushy, spoiled and has anger issues but he proves his devotion to her over and over again and still...nothing until 60% and even then not really until 94%. I get being sold to bikers by your own mother can put some strain on girls psyche but why not get help at the University Health Center? Since the supporting characters were so good, I'm looking forward to Tawney's story in Book 2. ( )
  sharonhd | Mar 13, 2014 |
Title: Damaged and the Beast
Author: Bijou Hunter
Published Create Space Independent Publishing Platform
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Series: Damaged #1
Rating: 4
Review:

"Damaged and the Beast" by Bijou Hunter was a interesting contemporary romance story that was somewhat predictable for me, however it was a story that was definitely unforgettable and so full of emotions. I found this author's writing style so full of darkness a such a gritty story that will only leave you saying wow! This story was so full of dysfunctions that were simply off the chart. We find poor Farrah with so much 'emotional hang-ups, so damaged and Coopers anger issues were really scary at times to read about. However, even with all that was going on there were some humor from all the banter between Farrah and Cooper. I did find the characters were really believable, well developed and well portrayed helping to make this such a captivating read that seems to come to life. So, you may find yourself crying, laughing and smiling though parts of the read. Now, I will say the read isn't for everyone. This is were I say you much read this story for yourself and decide. This author did a good job about presenting to the reader a good intensed read. Be ready for 'angst, abuse and even some romance' in this well written story with a interesting ending that I would recommend to you as a good read. ( )
  arlenadean | Jan 30, 2014 |

New Adult Romance

Farah Smith dreams of attending college and becoming a teacher. After suffering through a rough childhood, she embraces a chance to start over at a small college in Kentucky. Her dream finally within reach, Farah plans to keep her head down, work hard, and live a safe dull life.

Until she meets Cooper Johansson, the gorgeous heir to a family business on the wrong side of legal. Sporting tattoos and a crude manner, he reminds Farah of a past she desperately wishes to forget. What begins as lust soon grows into something more powerful than either expects.

Can Farah tame the beast inside the bad boy she desires? And will Cooper heal the damage inside the girl of his dreams?

Warning: This novel contains scenes of a sexual nature, violent themes, and coarse language. It is intended for mature readers.

Bijou Hunter is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,417 books! | Top bar: Always visible