Sweet Thing (Sweet Thing, #1) by Renee…

Sweet Thing (Sweet Thing, #1)

by Renee Carlino

This book was an amazing story about first love, heart break, and second chances.

I loved this book and the characters within it.

Mia is a young woman trying to figure out what she wants from life. She loses her father and has to tie up lose ends that he left behind. She meets Will on the plane and runs into him again in the diner she is working. He is a musician with a part time job and passion like no other.

Together they are quite the pair. They become roommates and their connection is tested. Both bring home other people for over night stays and while they have no claim on each other.... it still hurts.

It is obvious that both have strong feelings for one another, but fear holds them back.

Through record deals, bad decisions, and second chances they try to make their relationship work.

This story will leave you with a book hangover for sure. The Author does a fabulous job at writing so you feel every emotion the character is feeling. I found myself charmed, heartbroken, and happy throughout this book. I was rooting for their love and wanted nothing more than to see them together.

I highly recommend this to every reader. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
I don't like giving low rates but Mia was just too infuriating for me. So much that this was almost a do not finish for me. In the end Will was the only thing I ejoying about this book. ( )
  crisana | Jun 2, 2016 |
**Received this book as an ARC from the author for an honest review**

Where to start with this book. I have so many things flying around in my head right now. The typicals of this book? Chance encounter.... have an attraction.... run into another again.... brooding musician and guarded woman.... he loves her, she can't let her walls down....

That's where the typical stops and the meat of the story begins! You are probably thinking that I just described the story, but, alas, I didn't. That is just the overlying theme, but NOT the story in itself! Unlike most books, this is a slow and more drawn out story. It doesn't take place of a few weeks or months. It's a span of over a year. One long year in the lives of Will and Mia. Their story is one that will make you smile. You will frown, and maybe cry or yell, somewhere in the middle (more than once). But overall, you will sit back and feel their overwhelming sense of love and longing.

The characters in this book are so real and likable, I almost wonder who their muses are. Even when you think you have lost your love of some of the characters, they draw you right back in with their redeeming qualities of just being human. Renee has done a wonderful job at making her characters display very real emotions and reactions. I hope to see more books come across my screen from her in the future ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
No-recomendado por Dani

Me propongo leer de principio a fin libros considerados "malos". Mi intención es encontrar al menos UNA cualidad buena en ellos y reseñarlos objetivamente siguiendo 20 puntos a desarrollar brevemente. (Los puntos varían según el género del que se trate.)

Si tienen ganas de No-recomendarme otros libros
pueden comentar acá o ACÁ. ¡Cualquier género es bienvenido! Cuanto más variado, mejor :)
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
A lovely literary arrangement that flows effortlessly from the first track to the last. I thoroughly enjoyed this author's first opus. ( )
  myra.reads | Dec 24, 2014 |

Mia Kelly is a twenty-five-year-old walking Gap ad who thinks she has life figured out when her father’s sudden death uproots her from slow-paced Ann Arbor to New York City’s bustling East Village. There she discovers her father’s spirit for life and the legacy he left behind with the help of an old Café, a few eccentric friends, and one charming musician. Will Ryan is good-looking, poetic, spontaneous, and on the brink of fame when he meets Mia, his new landlord, muse, and personal heartbreaker. A story of self-discovery and friendship, Sweet Thing shines light on the power of loving and letting go.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:26:18 -0400)

"A contemporary new adult romance novel about a woman who runs a cafe in New York's East Village and her romance with an up and coming musician"--

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,012,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible