My Weird Writing Tips by Dan Gutman

My Weird Writing Tips

by Dan Gutman

This is an easy to read book for kids about story writing. I liked that the author didn't complicate his tips with too many examples. He kept it quite simple. This would be great for early readers.

Received as an ARC. ( )
  elizabeth.b.bevins | Nov 4, 2014 |

Received as an ARC. ( )
  ElizabethBevins | May 6, 2014 |
This book is by the same author, Dan Gutman, who writes the series, My Weirder School. Hense the book's name, My Weird Writing Tips. The writing tips aren't weird at all. In fact, they're quite practical. This book is geared toward a younger audience. The book suggests ages 8-12, and I agree with that. With the help of two of his characters, Andrea and Arlo, Gutman gives tips on how to be better writers. This book is good for any kid who has expressed an interest in writing. It gives a realistic view on writing as well. He also includes quotes from famous authors to help illustrate his points. This is an easy to understand guide that kids can use as a valuable tool.
Read more at http://www.2readornot2read.com/2013/09/back-to-school-week-my-weird-school.html#... ( )
  mt256 | Sep 14, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062091077, Hardcover)

The ability to put thoughts into writing is an essential skill vital to success in school—from elementary school through college. Bestselling author Dan Gutman helps kids master this important skill with his fun, informative writing guide, My Weird Writing Tips.

Dan offers tricks for spelling hard words, understanding the difference between similar words like “its” and “it’s,” and conquering grammar stumbling blocks like commas and apostrophes. He also teaches readers how to write an engaging story, in line with the grades 2–5 Common Core goals for writing a narrative.

With illustrated appearances from A.J. and Andrea, stars of his bestselling My Weird School series, and with his trademark wacky sense of humor, Dan makes learning the writing and storytelling basics so fun kids will forget they’re learning.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:10 -0400)

Presents a humorous and informative guide to writing that combines helpful style rules with story ideas and writing prompts as well as advice on how to write a story that is both engaging and correct.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Dan Gutman's book My Weird Writing Tips was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,411,337 books! | Top bar: Always visible