Gone with the Wolf by Kristin Miller

Gone with the Wolf

by Kristin Miller

DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: CEO and alpha werewolf Drake Wilder has given up the search for his one true love. When he discovers that she’s a secretary in his company, Drake’s primal instincts kick into overdrive.

What he wouldn’t give to have her fingers rake over his body instead of the keyboard…

Two can play the ruthless business game. If only her attraction to the boss wasn’t so intense…

When Drake’s twin brother senses that Drake has found his match—and now inherits their father’s billion dollar estate—he hatches a plan to take Emelia out. Drake vows to protect her at all costs, but he might have to pay with his own life. ( )
  treehousereader | Jun 20, 2016 |
Gone with the Wolf was an adorable paranormal romance that hit a lot of my romance novel buttons. It's got two strong main characters who have a lot of chemistry, and some interesting new werewolf mythology to learn about. Well written and fun, it is a great start to a new series.

I’m a sucker for a boss/employee romance. Double that if one of them doesn't know the other is the boss when they first meet. Emelia has a bit of a grudge against Drake so it is even more amusing when she discovers she’d been drinking his wine from his wine cellar right in front of him at the night of the company’s holiday party. I really liked Drake- at the end of the day, all he wanted to do was to make Emelia happy, even if it meant she didn't end up with him. And Emelia was the type of heroine I like, too, in that she was very adamant about maintaining her individuality and independence, even in the face of all Drake’s wealth. She’s really good at what she does, and she wants to keep doing it, not just give it up since she found a significant other.

My biggest problem with Gone with the Wolf was that the conflict was resolved relatively easily. There were few obstacles to Drake and Emelia being together, and at least one of them was dismissed so off-handedly I wondered why it had been an issue in the first place. The other thing was that there was every single type of romance conflict. There was the evil villain, determined to separate the couple, plus there was the “oh we are from such different worlds” thinking on Emelia's part. Not to mention Drake worrying that Emelia can’t bear his children and his concern that she won’t accept him because he’s werewolf.

Despite my issue with the book, there was a lot to like, and I would definitely recommend this one if you like sexy billionaires, werewolves and cute bartenders. I can’t wait to see where this series goes- I am curious who’ll be starring in the next book! ( )
  kateminasian | Nov 22, 2014 |
This is a fun, quick, and well written read. It was a bit predictable in places, such as when Drake’s brother Silas enters the story. I liked the challenge Silas brought to the story and the fact that it was resolved pretty fast with no over the top angst.

Drake is a centuries old alpha who is set in his ways and knows what’s best, especially for Emelia. I like Drake, he’s all alpha, hot, and it was fun to watch Emelia twist his tail. This has the “He’s rich, she’s not and he’s a shifter, she’s a human” elements to it.

Emelia is an independent and at times smart mouthed bartender. All she wants from Drake is her bar back, but after finally meeting him she more than she could’ve imagined. She adds the fun to the book and together Emelia and Drake are fantastic. I loved how easy she could get under his skin and make him step outside his “box”.

The steam factor is somewhat mild yet still good. I will look forward to more of this series.

(Received a copy for an honest review.)

Also posted on: Darker Passions ( )
  Tala2cubs | Sep 3, 2014 |
I loved this story! It has the perfect mix of paranormal and romance. The main Alpha, Drake, was a business man and stuck in his businessman ways. Never take a risk without examining all the possibilities, cut your losses, business and pack before everything else. What is the perfect match for a guy like this? Enter our lead female, Emelia. She is more of a fly by the seat of your pants type. Work hard, take risks, and dive right in consequences be damned type. She is also human and knows nothing about werewolves. So of course fate would through them together.

This story was fast paced and joy to read. Even though it was on the short side (155 pages) I did not feel that the author cut corners. The characters were fully developed and I enjoyed learning about them as they learned more about each other. This story is also part of a series, but it was a complete story. There were no annoying cliffhangers so I was left with a satisfying feel of completeness and contentment when I finished. That being said, I am ready to jump to the next in the series, Four Weddings and a Werewolf. I wonder what Kristin Miller has in store for me next?!? ( )
  AlaskanBookie | Oct 14, 2013 |
Gone With the Wolf by Kristin Miller is a scorching fun paranormal read. Emelia and Drake burn right off of the page with their heat.
Emelia takes a temp job at Drake’s company after finding out that his company bought the building her bar, the Knight Owl, resides in after she had already purchased the building. Until she can get to meet with him, she tries her best to undermine him but what she didn’t count on was the sizzling attraction they share upon meeting.
Werewolf Drake is stunned to discover his Luminary hiding out in his wine cellar during a company Halloween party. In addition to the addictive pull he feels toward Emelia, he can only become the ruler of his pack if he bonds with his Luminary. The alternative is horrifying for control of the pack would go to his insane twin brother Silas.
The conflicts are believable as they work through Emelia’s stubbornness, a lie Drake’s father told him and the ever present violent threat that Silas represents. Gone With the Wolf came to a satisfying conclusion with a well-matched couple declaring their love for one another. ( )
  Cindy.Warner | Sep 8, 2013 |

CEO and alpha werewolf Drake Wilder has given up the search for his one true love. When he discovers that she's a secretary in his company, Drake's primal instincts kick into overdrive. Free-spirited bartender Emelia Hudson wants nothing more than to make her Seattle-based bar succeed. But when profits decline, she slips into a dress suit and secures a nine-to-five. After learning that her bar has become property of Wilder Financial, Emelia is determined to get some answers. When Drake's twin brother senses that Drake has found his match and now inherits their father's billion dollar estate he hatches a plan to take Emelia out. Drake vows to protect her at all costs, but he might have to pay with his own life.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,596,813 books! | Top bar: Always visible