Authentic Stewardship by Terry Austin

by Terry Austin

6None1,268,033NoneNone

No tags.

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0981902316, Perfect Paperback)

"Authentic Stewardship" is not a typical Christian stewardship book, explaining money management techniques or describing ways to increase giving to your church. It is an examination of the Christian life and provides a description of biblical stewardship. You might be surprised to discover what the Bible actually says about stewardship. It is not always consistent with what you might have read from your favorite money guru or even your pastor last Sunday.

"In Authentic Stewardship Terry Austin has accomplished a remarkable task for a spiritual teacher: he has taken ancient biblical truths and breathed new life into them. Do not think this is simply another run-of-the-mill book on stewardship. Actually, it is a testament of Christian devotion, an illuminating primer on the mystery and wonder of a life richly lived with God. He takes Bible stories we have read our entire lives and turns them like a prism, allowing the light of eternal wisdom to be refracted in new and important ways. It's more confession and memoir than commentary. He has sought to apply these teachings to his own life, and shares that application-- both successes and failures--with generosity, humor and delight. Through a keen eye, a sharp mind, and a warm heart, Terry pinpoints that enlightening intersection between God's story and our own. Every spiritual seeker, pastor, and church member should read this book. It is a gift to us all!"

Every stewardship leader must become a person of great stewardship books and of The Book. Any commitment to authentic, engaged stewardship ministry must also include a commitment to reading about it. Authentic Stewardship will be forever known as a classic in my stewardship library. The insights and promises contained herein set this book and its author out as one of the most valuable in our time.

We need authentic stewardship giving and lifestyles now! No more ground can afford to be lost while the church in America occasionally offers a stewardship sermon, and is seen for lack of commitment to stewardship lifestyles in these pressing times, forecast to remain “cloudy and overcast” unless authentic change happens now.

I pray that hearts and intellects of our future leaders will be disturbed and raw-challenged by the contents; that a new generation will claim this book as their clarion call to usher in change in ministry giving. Moreover to desire, and motive to live authentically and publicly as stewardship leaders. Every ministry should buy a crate of this book and ensure all board members study together the amazing meanings in each chapter as they lead ministry”.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:11 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,543,819 books! | Top bar: Always visible